DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    My reaction times slow at sunset
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My reaction times slow at sunset
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What causes this and can it be fixed with yellow polarized driving glasses?

2017 Modified Sumerduck dragway Champ
2015 SBRA Footbrake Points Champ
Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No...hear the led bulbs have auto dimmers...roll 10 out...

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Foot brake car not as easy to adjust. I can adjust for it would rather find a way to remedy this.

2017 Modified Sumerduck dragway Champ
2015 SBRA Footbrake Points Champ
Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
I AGREE WITH WHOMP. I STARTED USING A VERY LIGHT SHADE OF YELLOW NIGHT DRIVING GLASSES THAT HELPED MY DAYTIME REACTIONS. IT SEEMED TO HELP MY CONSISTANCY. I TRIED A DARKER SHADE OF YELLOW THAT SEEMED TO MAKE MY REACTIONS A LITTLE SLOWER.

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Try adding 5-10 psi to the front tires

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
some people think led affect our eyes and cause this.i have had the issue also but not at all tracks

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
i have to subtract from the box when it gets darker. If i don't i am horrible late

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
i have to subtract from the box when it gets darker. If i don't i am horrible late

It took me more than a couple of years after the change to LEDs to realize and make myself do this. I still struggle with consistency on the LEDs and it has been a big factor in me deciding not to race as much over the last 10 years. Never really felt as competitive as I did with the old school bulbs.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

It took me more than a couple of years after the change to LEDs to realize and make myself do this. I still struggle with consistency on the LEDs and it has been a big factor in me deciding not to race as much over the last 10 years. Never really felt as competitive as I did with the old school bulbs.

Yep and sometimes its a pretty big number i take out ,but i am .30-.40 if i don't do this

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post