DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Oil Filters System One or Canton
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oil Filters System One or Canton
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of wj7948
posted
I'm using a System One 35 microns thinking of changing to a Canton 8 microns. Anyone using a Canton 8 microns.

Posts: 18 | Location: napa, ca. | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SonnyJames
posted Hide Post
I use Canton...gotta remove end caps on elements and re-seal. They do a crap job. Also, if ur running No bypass (if u are u shouldn’t be) keep eye on element/amount of passes with alky as it will collapse cage in element.

Posts: 680 | Location: Consistently researching inconsistencies | Registered: September 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
^^^ Sounds like he needs a system 1.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
A friends engine had a Canton and he lost that engine from what looked like the filter coming apart. I would never use one. System ones are ok but I have seen the o-ring blow out on a Dyno pull on a Pro Stock engine. Maybe it was loose or cut. Don’t know but it made a mess very quickly.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wj7948:
Oil Filters System One or Canton

Neither, K&P Engineering...

http://kandpengineering.com/product-catalog/s19-2/

If it's good enough for Ray/David Barton to install on their COPO and Hemi engines,

http://raybarton.com/parts/index.php/

it's good enough for me and the reason it's on both my engines for the past 2 seasons.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use a Lat oils billet filter, very similar to the one ed posted

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of wj7948
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, I have always used System One filters 35 microns. Just wish they had a smaller micron element.

Posts: 18 | Location: napa, ca. | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

I thought you were using the Clear View?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
wj,

You have a PM.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

I thought you were using the Clear View?

Yes with the lat spin on filter.

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
^^^^Ahhhhh^^^^

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
from what i see the k&p is really small and would be ggod in tight places . 4.2 tall and 2.92 wide .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it is and it does.

Before swapping to the K&P filer, I had to modify the mid plate and remove the collector and #1 header tube to change my filter.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Right

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post