DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Swing out door bar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swing out door bar
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Are swing out door bars still legal? Just a slower bracket S10,couldn't find anything in the rulebook that said they weren't but a friend of mine thought they were.

Posts: 373 | Location: Shelbyville Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
Yes, They are LEGAL if done correctly.....

Posts: 254 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not to hyjack this thread but does anyone know is a swingout legal on a 8.50 and slower chassis car glass body aluminum floor ride?

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richie:
Yes, They are LEGAL if done correctly.....

Thanks

Posts: 373 | Location: Shelbyville Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
http://classracer.com/classfor...owthread.php?t=75165

Thanks,that looks like a nice one.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
not to hyjack this thread but does anyone know is a swingout legal on a 8.50 and slower chassis car glass body aluminum floor ride?

Not sure on that

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My door car has 8.50 cert and has a swing out. Lots of us old racers need these to even get in a race car Big Grin

Posts: 6197 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Too many years of racing quads for me hahaha I'm only 50 this year.. plus being 6'5" I don't bend too well to get in a regular cab S10