DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier 17-34.5-16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier 17-34.5-16
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I got a set from Jegs. Advertised rollout is 110. They are marked as 114.5.

I’m replacing a set of 34.5-17-16s. These new tires look huge next to the old ones. I’m a little worried they won’t fit under the car after I get the mounted. I’m tempted to call jegs and ask for them to swap but not sure if the 114.5 is typical?

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just bought a pair of 18778. Chalk marks on tires are 112 3/4. Mounted up they measured 109.

Posts: 60 | Location: div5 | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
114.5 chalk will be around 110.75

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
the chalk is just measuring the expansion or growth of the tire not roll out

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
After a tire is cured, it is removed from the press and placed on a machine called a "post-inflator". On this machine each tire has air injected into it for a set period of time. The amount of air is determined by the engineering department and is not the same for every type of tire Hoosier produces. After a set time period, a tire is then measured and the circumference is recorded. Then a press operator writes the size on the side of treaded tires and on the tread of slicks, in chalk. All Hoosier bias ply tires with a chalk-mark, follow this same process.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of Hoosier 16X33X15 in the spring. Catalogue said 104 roll out. Marked on the tire 108. On the rim with 6 PSi measured 108. Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post