DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Putting a shower in my trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting a shower in my trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone have any good results with this .Ive been all over the internet and seen some but I would like to hear from some of yours.

Posts: 6 | Location: Tiusville,Florida | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did it years ago. It worked fine. I went to a local big box type store and bought a plastic shower. Got a plastic water tank over the internet and bought a 2.5 gallon water heater from Grainger. Got a 12 volt water pump and hooked it all up.

I just cut a hole in the floor and used a five gallon bucket for the drain but you can't do that anymore at NHRA races because I would just dump it after each shower and they frown on that now. It's almost as easy to just buy a gray water tank and mount it under the trailer and then you can drain it when you get home.

Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yeah the grey water was a concern.

Posts: 6 | Location: Tiusville,Florida | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Plumb your shower into one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Barker-...e-Tank/dp/B000OR18BE

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
I built one in my trailer, where the shower pan will fold up so that it would take up limited space when not in use.

Shower pan from Lowes
12 volt water pump, hooked to trailer battery.
1inch pvc from pump to heater, heater to shower head.
5 inch hole in trailer floor(shower pan drain was 4 inch).
5inch to 3inch rubber reducer
3 inch pvc 90 degree to 3inch straight to the side of the trailer.
Mounted the PVC to the bottom of the trailer with metal strap.
I use one of those roll around grey tanks as posted above and hook it to the 3inch pvc pipe.

PVC piping screwed to the top of the trailer with a shower curtain on it. Takes 30 seconds to drop the shower pan, and position the curtain. Its not as a nice as having walls, but works well and doesn't take up any floor space when traveling.

Posts: 27 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMax4040:
I built one in my trailer, where the shower pan will fold up so that it would take up limited space when not in use.

Shower pan from Lowes
12 volt water pump, hooked to trailer battery.
1inch pvc from pump to heater, heater to shower head.
5 inch hole in trailer floor(shower pan drain was 4 inch).
5inch to 3inch rubber reducer
3 inch pvc 90 degree to 3inch straight to the side of the trailer.
Mounted the PVC to the bottom of the trailer with metal strap.
I use one of those roll around grey tanks as posted above and hook it to the 3inch pvc pipe.

PVC piping screwed to the top of the trailer with a shower curtain on it. Takes 30 seconds to drop the shower pan, and position the curtain. Its not as a nice as having walls, but works well and doesn't take up any floor space when traveling.

Where does your water supply come from?

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy

Posts: 476 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
LMAO at E-Man!!

The roll around catch tank would probably be a good idea in that you can put it in the truck and go to town to dump it.

I finally upgraded to an LQ trailer, much nicer. I was sleeping on the floor in the other trailer. Hell, I'm too old to do that anymore.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4link1955:
Where does your water supply come from?

I bought a 35 gallon tank from tractor supply that I put in the back of the truck and strap it down. 3ft water hose with quick connectors to the pump. I mainly wanted this setup so at 5+ day events if I ever ran out of water I could unhook the truck and go fill up with the nearest water hose.

I could have put a tank under the trailer, but that seemed like a lot more work than I needed to put in at the time Big Grin

Posts: 27 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I used a Mustee Durastall, available in different sizes. 10 gallon water tank, 12V pump into a 5 gal water heater 2500 watts. Then 1/2" hose to a spray nozzle from a kitchen sink. 15 gallon grey tank between joists under the shower. Run the generator/water heater on lowest setting and you're good. I can get 3 sometimes 4 showers out of a tank of water. Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was looking at some gas heaters that are portable.I would like to build a fold away deal.I normally get a hotel but some tracks are so far away from them.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For a water supply I used a 20 gal electric hot water heater, draw from the bottom and just regulate how long you run it for temp and you don't need a cold supply. Used a Lowes shower enclosure and one of those blue wheeled tanks from the rv store, just center under trailer drain. I did have a 50 gallon tank in the bed of the truck and just transferred to fill water heater after 2 showers.

Posts: 30 | Location: Delaware | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post