DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Bubba on a door car
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bubba on a door car
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Just curious for anyone running a big bubba on a TS type door car, what kind of life are you getting from them? I have a set of my car, not particularly fast by TS standards but mine seem to have gone away at 50 passes, as 51 and 52 lost a number each time in 60. Typical 60' here in Vegas is 1.04 2300lb NA car. Thanks for the replies. I will add my tires are almost two years old as remodeling of our house got in the way of racing..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Burnouts consistent?

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I ran this tire in my old TS car...4.0s to 4.30s, typically 6.60s 1/4 mile.

Tire was fantastic but did not get more than 50 or 60 runs out of them. Possibly due to the weight of the cars vs dragsters? I believe but have not confirmed the tire was originally developed for the light weight dragsters?

Big Azz smokey burnouts on the door car made zero difference vs the short burnout on the door car as far as performance. We were doing LARGE long burnouts. FUN is why!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Burnouts are consistent yes. I have tried big and small(different race days) and seems to be no change. Car has been great with this tire was just thinking more than 50 passes from them, but if that's what it is then so be it. I have been told when there get some time on the like mine have that adding a tick of air pressure(.1-.2) will get you buy for a bit. I think mine being older in terms of age was not helping either.

FWIW we run a little bubba in our dragster and love the tire.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt that door cars beat up the sidewalls much faster than dragsters! Even SG cars are in the same boat. And this is not an MT deal only, all manufacturers fall into this category.

For this particular case, you may want to look at your setup, sounds like your hitting the tires hard at the launch. By setup I mean everything from converter, gears, four link and launch rpm. I'd also say with 50 passes on them, they would work fine on dragsters so you can sell them to ease the tire bills!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post