Bracket Talk
UDX to IQ3

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/8697050396

April 07, 2020, 05:59 PM
Mike Frizie
UDX to IQ3
Anyone whose swapped. We’re able to use your existing dash and it still look right?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471
April 07, 2020, 06:26 PM
SP 124X
Can I ask why the change? I really want to add a dash to my sportsman logger but I've read about a lot of backlight failures on the iq3 and was leaning towards the udx for that reason.

Denis LeBlanc

April 07, 2020, 06:54 PM
Mike Frizie
The Udx is notorious for backlighting issues, and I’m started to have segments of my dash not work. Plus I heard udx no longer supported? Greg jelly in the house?!

Michael Frizie
ET 2471
April 07, 2020, 07:07 PM
SP 124X
Maybe I understood wrong about which dash had the backlight issues.

Denis LeBlanc

April 07, 2020, 07:12 PM
Mike Frizie
Pretty sure it’s the one I have lol.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471
April 07, 2020, 08:35 PM
Greg Kelley
The UDX family is the one with the backlight issues.

And yes Holley is phasing them out. The UDX Replay and UDX logger are no longer available. The UDX display still shows available.

I would expect repairs will be available for a long time via Perf Data Systems (original Racepak guys).

in terms of looks I'd think you would have to make a filler plate of some sort or the IQ3 wold be just hanging there.

GK - www.MotorSportsInnovations.com
609-265-2110 GKelley@MotorSportsInnovations.com

April 07, 2020, 08:53 PM
SP 124X
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
The UDX family is the one with the backlight issues.

And yes Holley is phasing them out. The UDX Replay and UDX logger are no longer available. The UDX display still shows available.

I would expect repairs will be available for a long time via Perf Data Systems (original Racepak guys).

in terms of looks I'd think you would have to make a filler plate of some sort or the IQ3 wold be just hanging there.

Thanks for the reply Greg. Any thoughts on using the Bluetooth module as a dash?

Denis LeBlanc

April 07, 2020, 09:25 PM
Cashflow
I love my Racepak data logger but I recently saw a quick demo of the Fueltech 450 in a dragster. Pretty awesome.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
April 08, 2020, 01:35 PM
seabass
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I love my Racepak data logger but I recently saw a quick demo of the Fueltech 450 in a dragster. Pretty awesome.

The fuel tech I why I pulled my rp off my car recently

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
April 08, 2020, 04:22 PM
Cashflow
JR,

Are you using their ignition also?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......