DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who has 10.5x28 Bracket Drag Radials?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has 10.5x28 Bracket Drag Radials?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the rain maker:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I ran the Hoosier stocker radials for 20+ years and am now running their bracket radials for the 2nd season. I'm not a big run counter but I always got at least 150-200 runs on them.

Lenny have you tried the MT PBR? If so, Just wondering how they compared to the Hoosier bracket radial?

I've run mostly Hoosier radials over the years, with a handful of Stocker takeoff Goodyears thrown in. All have worked well, but I've never tried a Mickey radial.

I also do a very tiny burnout. Haven't used the line lock in many years. Dragster-style burnout although I do start in low gear with the door car to get them spinning. If the burnout box is dry and it doesn't spin much, or if there's a 30 minute oildown, I don't worry about it. Stage it up and go.

I've only run one set of bias-ply tires on this car, which were Mickey 3056ST. The car was consistent to 60' and wasn't any slower than the radials, but the car was completely unpredictable downtrack. It drove fine, but the ET moved around a lot. I never could make any sense of it but went back to radials and the car was great again.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
Lenny thanks for the info. I do a light high gear burn out w the PBRs. I preferred Hoosier when I ran 14x32s, if for nothing else they held air Big Grin

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got news for ya, when the mountain air rolls in, we're gonna obliterate and eviscerate our own current high gear only 3200 lb 23 degree n/a sbc mph world record, with these pizza cutters. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got news for ya! Coming on like a hurricane!

Big end

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post