DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    How will 9" of additional roll out front tires pad reaction time?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How will 9" of additional roll out front tires pad reaction time?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
We've already been double O's on a .370 Pro Tree at Bradenton with a car we're taking to race on the .400 Pro Tree at SGMP Lights Out, in the new DXP class. We can't lower the leave chip. I'm also curious how much the additional rollout will positively effect the ET. I have a slow (bracket brake) transmission brake I could install in the transmission but I'd prefer the potential for positive gains in ET with the additional roll. We gotta buy some front runners to accomplish this. Obviously the taller the better if we can get away with it to be set up .020 or better reaction time.

Thanks for any input ahead of time.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
LoL, people are reading this sight. I just got this notification on FB from a guy in Akro Ohio LoL.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i would'nt go more than 2" taller that "should" get you the RT's your looking for.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
You have a delay box right? When i ran 5.90 index races i had to run delay so i wouldn't go red .400 pro tree.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
You have a delay box right? When i ran 5.90 index races i had to run delay so i wouldn't go red .400 pro tree.

Or use of one the slow buttons that are out there.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Down south delay boxes aren't allowed 370 400 pro tree index or heads up. This is the new DXP heads up class, all sbc class 2850 lbs to 3100 depending on what cylinder head you run. No wheely bar, 275 radial, 4150 carb and intake and a cheater plate which will do 300 no matter what jet you run in it. Track officials hand you an unmodified plate in exchange for yours, they put a seal on their plate once it's installed to make sure it's not monkeyed with.They check seals starting second round. We can leave on 300, that'll create an issue because we've been double O's on a 370 pro tree and this race is run on a 400 pro tree. I have a slow trans brake I can put in the transmission. Super Stock and stock racers on Classracer.com say 29 tall front runners should pad reaction time by around .015. We've got a bunch of other stuff that needs done to race per the rules in this new class, I'm guess it'll be a last minute fix for reaction time. We can always use the controller to take power out worst case scenario. Hopefully we'll be afforded a little time to iron it out correctly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Could you have front end alignment adjusted to stagger front wheels some and make it add roll out

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Or is this a stock front style suspension

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Good luck Mike. I think this is going to be a cool class. Cant wait to see it.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
Just put a long throw button in it and adjust as needed.

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Could you have front end alignment adjusted to stagger front wheels some and make it add roll out

That's a damn good idea right there. It's a 66 Chevy II with an aftermarket factory style tubular front half. The car is certed 6.50 quarter mile, leafspring caltrac. It has a set of rad trick shocks on the back with a two way adjuster on rebound. I don't know if you've noticed on these radial cars the rearend separates away, keeps the front end down with no wheely bar, keeps the deformation of the tire at a minimum. Allows you to get the power in it sooner without flipping over/wheelstanding. Because of the shocks we have, it allows us to get the power in it off the TB release. That's where the fast reaction time originates.

Thanks for keying up with input.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuperPro54:
Good luck Mike. I think this is going to be a cool class. Cant wait to see it.

Thanks Brother Man, we just got the 4150 carb from IRD, Mr. IRD is gonna go with the car as pit help so that's a bonus to have your carb guy, plus he's good help experienced all around anyway. We're waiting on steel shaft rockers from Jesel and we still gotta do a 4150 intake. If the rockers show up beginning of next week we may throw a 26 in the fogger and test with it while working on the intake.