DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    looking for a zz4 hydraulic roller or similar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for a zz4 hydraulic roller or similar
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Hi all,
Have not posted in a while, not been racing much for last year or so, but about time to play again.

I need a SBC hydraulic roller cam for one of my old IHRA Crate motor stocker engines. Just need a stock zz4 or similar light performance cam. Hate to buy a new one, when I am sure someone has a cam laying around they forgot about and will never use. Just trying to get this motor back together for a mild performance street motor.

Let me know what you have, what you need for it?

Thanks in advance!
Ken

KEGRACING - DOING IT THE POOR BOY WAY! PONTIAC with a BowTie... for now!
2017 TX Motorplex No E Track Champion

Posts: 21 | Location: Red Oak, TX | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Ken i used to have a zz383 in my street Camaro. I bought a bigger cam for it, and never used it, its brand new. Its an edelbrock 2207 hydraulic roller. Look up the specs and see if this will work for you.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can’t upload the cam card pic.
What’s your email address.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
BC, i didnt post a pic of the cam card. I can get the cam card info when i get home this evening. It should be on their site, or on summit or jegs site as well.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TPaton,

Thanks for the reply. That cam has quite a bit more lift than the stock zz4. Should make it run much better, IF it will fit without hitting.

I am trying to check on GM and other sites, to see if it will work with stock heads.

How much do you need for this?

thanks again
Ken

Posts: 21 | Location: Red Oak, TX | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
How does 150 plus the ride sound?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me, I will take it. Edelbrock tech says it will work.

my email is Kegracing@yahoo.com

Shoot me a note and let me know how you want me to pay you. Can send a check and let it clear, or Paypal, etc.

Shipping will be to Red Oak, TX 75154

Thanks
Ken

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Ill email you later today.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks good

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
TPaton, The post was for Ken actually.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Thanks BC.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Ken, email sent

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just curious since this is a ZZ4 post, what mileage are you guys getting from a ZZ4 on the street?

I have one with lots of 1/4 mile passes on it and might put it in my 96 pick up. 11:40s in a 3150 Chevelle on alky stock.

Last check was 200psi compression.

I'd use the factory EFI or get an aftermarket throttle body EFI.

On a different note, I bought a set of 1.6 rockers from jegs/china that I never used.
I wanted to pull the engine and check valve to piston and coil bind. I think coil bind is the issue.

Sorry to hijack!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I had a zz383 in my Camaro, 2800-3000 stall, turbo 350, 4.10 gear. I never really checked it, as it got "smiles per gallon". If i had to guess, I'd say around 10.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
M120,

Sorry, cant tell you what mileage, maybe someone else on here can.

But, these motors run very well. Put some better springs on there, and put the rocker arms on.

When I was running these as IHRA crate motor stocker engines, we had to have "stock" lift, but could run a lot more duration on the cam. Would spin them to 7K+ on top end.

Good luck.
Ken