DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Stands for a dragster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stands for a dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Other then jack stands what are you using when you have to raise the car up to do maintenance on your dragster. Does anyone make stands for the front and back of the car. If you have pics can you post them. Even if I have to make some I would like to see some different options.

Thanks

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm going to build a one piece stand for mine because jack stands are a pain...well, one piece for the rear and one for the front...but they will be more solid than stands because of no wobble.....haven't done it yet though

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I made 2. 4 caster car dollies out of angle channel. 6x8 lays across. Cut to fit lower width.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Do you have any pics.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You mean to use at home or the track? If at home i use some stands for sprint cars, they work well. I found them one a website as a scratch and dent sale and got a good discount on them,

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have some Dragster dollies with wheels on them. A friend made them but surely someone sells some.

With the dragster or altered on the dollies I can roll it around in the shop. It raises it up higher so it is much easier to work on. Love them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I want them for the house. I found some of the sprint car stands. They were pretty nice and made out of aluminum. I also saw some stands with the wheels on them to move the car around.

I think i might go with the aluminum sprint car ones.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I’ll post some pictures when I get home from Denver. I built some years ago for my roadster and now use them for the dragster. At my age I can’t imagine not having them now.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Vern,

Thanks I would like to see what you built. I ended up build a pretty nice set of stands. Once I complete them I will post a pic.

Thanks

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look on Racing junk there’s a guy selling stands in the dragster section

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sunchaser Products is the company that makes them I know their was a guy on here having problems getting stuff from them but you can see stands on their website

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
These are similar to the ones I have and they are so nice to have!

https://www.speedwaymotors.com...NEAQYBSABEgIMAPD_BwE

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post