DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ARC switch panel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARC switch panel
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Keith Walters
posted
Has anyone else had any issues from the ARC 8000R switch panel? I noticed mine randomly shut the ignition off last week after several rounds, fired it right back up and spaced it until loading it tonight, it did it again. I took the panel off my dash expecting to find the plug backed out or loose terminals but there wasn't. Cleaned the terminals slightly bent the male terminals to give it more tension in the plug, didn't help. I can turn any switch on and barley touch the ribbon chord and the relay drops out and the lights go from green to red. The bad connection appears to be at the panel or that end of the chord but there not much I can do to it. I've been running this panel for 9 years problem free until now. Any fixes? Thanks.

Posts: 6 | Location: whiteland, in | Registered: May 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
I was told that basically the only part that should go bad with that panel is the ribbon cable. They said you should always carry a spare.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had the same issues last year until I replaced the ribbon cable and no issues since.

Posts: 106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I have wired those switch panels in a handful of cars. I had the same issues with at least 4 different cars. I hated getting a call from a racer frustrated at me because his car is randomly shutting off. I will never wire another one in.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Keith Walters
posted Hide Post
Thank for the input guys, sorry for the delayed response. That's pretty much the conclusion I've came to also, tried a buddy's chord and it's working fine. I hate to spend $75 on this cheap looking chord so I'm probably going a different route.

Posts: 6 | Location: whiteland, in | Registered: May 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
I have wired those switch panels in a handful of cars. I had the same issues with at least 4 different cars. I hated getting a call from a racer frustrated at me because his car is randomly shutting off. I will never wire another one in.

Thanks for that info , was thinking about up grading my 4000 unit that seems to eat rockers to 8000. Now have to go the some else.....

Mike what unit have you been installing lately?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Black One
posted Hide Post
Does that model have the strap the bolts across the top of the connector at the switch panel? We had the same issue. Turns out the connector was working loose. ARC told us to put silicone around the connector and now its been working perfectly for a year.

Posts: 1 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:

Thanks for that info , was thinking about up grading my 4000 unit that seems to eat rockers to 8000. Now have to go the some else.....

Mike what unit have you been installing lately?

I would either use the K&R or Digital Delay switch panel and relay board, depending on what other electronics you have in the car, to keep them the same. Both of these units are very, very nice with great customer service. My wife and I have Digital Delay Mega 450 in both of our cars, so I chose the DD switch panel. But if you are a K&R guy, I would not hesitate one bit to purchase anything from Kevin. He has great products, and an incredible service after the sale.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Ive installed DD, K&R, and the ARC stuff. No issues ever with any of it. Yes the ribbon you have to be careful with, but once its run I keep it away from high "traffic" area's. I have not seen any issues. I prefer the DD stuff. Others prefer the K&R. I put the ARC stuff in a lot of heads up guys and utilize it to control NOS stuff along with the normal stuff. The DD and K&R are more setup for bracket cars with boxes and/or shifters, but I have put the ARC in a bracket car with no issues, just had to add an additional small fuse block for shifter and some other small items.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tone of the main issues is the ribbon cable as they get hard and bridle over time.

Hands down the best equipment in the industry is SpeedWire! Absolutely no comparison in quality or reliability!

Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
Auto Meter Authorized Dealer
CleanYourTrailer.com
Horse Power Sales
USADragRacingChat.com
Fab Shop
Race Flow Development

245" Harry Clack
399 inches of Horse Power Sales Power
1.031, 2.978, 4.640 at 147.47

Posts: 492 | Location: Lebanon, OH | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OhiomafiaWireGuy:

Hands down the best equipment in the industry is SpeedWire! Absolutely no comparison in quality or reliability!

Looks like a great system , ease of wiring as easy as it looks. Do you sell their product? Looking for a 6 switch panel roll bar deal...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post