DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New build for 2023
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New build for 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Were you able to dyno the engine with those headers? I may have missed it...
Those collectors look like HP. Wink

I didn’t build the headers for the car till it came home from the engine builder, so it was dyno’d with his dyno headers.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fabman, your are a great builder! The car is awesome!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Fabman, your are a great builder! The car is awesome!

Thank you!

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
OK, wiring is all done, tested all the circuits best as I could, checked the sensor configurations and data, so time to fire it in the car for the first time. A bit nervous being the first time wiring an EFI setup from scratch.

First start up video link below.

https://youtu.be/7WITRGW3zHk

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You are very talented, enjoyed the pictures.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
The fab work, the color, and your attention to detail is most excellent. Best of all is the stance of the car. When a car is right, it will look fast sitting still, and it looks right!

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fabman, this is one nice piece sir, your talent is apparent and your work is first class.

Badazz sir.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Phenomenal job, looks amazing. I am trying to fab up a crossmember for a 5-speed swap and it REALLY makes me appreciate just how talented some of you guys are! Good luck...

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I’m fortunate if I can glue two popsicle sticks together without screwing it up!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
I’m glad some are enjoying following the build process. I chose to share it as often people don’t understand or realize what all goes into building a car at this level…the process, the time, detail, etc.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the $

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
the $

Absolutely. Anyone contemplating a complete build must have a clear understanding of the cost to get from start to finish. Many project cars get abandoned and sold as the owner didn’t understand the scope of the project or the cost to see it to completion.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Agree. Most here, most bracket racers don’t have the coin and if they did, they wouldn’t spend it to build a bracket door car that rivals yours, Even myself. A few months ago I had an opportunity to buy a B&B Super Stock Colbalt, very low runs and the best of its kind but after thinking about it I decided I didn’t need to spend over $100k for a roller and end up with a $150k bracket door car so I passed.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
When I purchased my chassis X tubing kit from Chassis Engineering I was told that over 90% of these are not completed by the owner. Building the Sunfire was a hell of an adventure and I learned I had more patience than I ever knew I had. Sweet ride

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Little Chief:
When I purchased my chassis X tubing kit from Chassis Engineering I was told that over 90% of these are not completed by the owner. Building the Sunfire was a hell of an adventure and I learned I had more patience than I ever knew I had. Sweet ride

If your talking about "do it yourself" builds, I could certainly believe that. People have good intentions at the start but as it progresses, all kinds of things can happen to derail project.

I will say of the complete builds I do at work, most of them do make it to completion. But with that said, it seems like some of them get little use once they are done.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Carbon sheet floors installed.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Poor trans pan took a beating in the crash, so after having the trans torn down and inspected, it was given a new pan.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Came up with a simple little bracket to attach the 10oz. co2 bottle to the fire bottle mount using billet clamps from The Chassis Shop/Pro Werks.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
One thing I wanted to come up with was a way to hold small items like my wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, tire pressure gauge, dzus tool, water bottle, etc.

I had already equiped the car with weight bar tabs on the passenger rocker bar so I made use of those to attach a dragster style glove box and cup holder.

The interior of the car is small enough that as long as I have my racing belts undone, I can simply lean a little and reach the water bottle while seated.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Rife sensor block mounted to the transmission to monitor trans line pressure, converter charge pressure and trans fluid temp. Makes for a clean install.