DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New build for 2023
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New build for 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:The old SV565 intake and dominator carb wouldn't clear the 4" Sunoco style cowl. I refused to cut a hole in the hood or run a forward facing hood scoop. I wanted a nice low cowl to be able to see over easily.

So off came the SV565 and a 2927 Super Victor took it's place along with a Wilson throttle body. Those two changes alone saved over 2" in height which gave ample room under the hood for the engine to breathe. The EFI ECU is the Holley Dominator.

I believe you’ll find that mpfi is a wise choice if you’ve never used prior. Is this race gas or methanol?

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:The old SV565 intake and dominator carb wouldn't clear the 4" Sunoco style cowl. I refused to cut a hole in the hood or run a forward facing hood scoop. I wanted a nice low cowl to be able to see over easily.

So off came the SV565 and a 2927 Super Victor took it's place along with a Wilson throttle body. Those two changes alone saved over 2" in height which gave ample room under the hood for the engine to breathe. The EFI ECU is the Holley Dominator.

I believe you’ll find that mpfi is a wise choice if you’ve never used prior. Is this race gas or methanol?

Race gas.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:
for the 2023 season. The decision was made to equip the car with a delay box and try to learn how to top bulb race here locally. I have raced for 27+ years, but have zero experience racing top bulb but looking forward to the challenge and learning as I go.

My advice to you if you want to shorten your learning curve by years and win sooner than later is to contact Bud Mcnasby and Lee Zane. These 2 guys have helped many. That said, I nor my son have used their service, I taught my son everything he knows and his results speak for themselves.

Since you first mentioned this it got me to thinking.

I'm sure a new car is gonna have some bugs to sort out be it chassis adjustment, torque converter or gearing, so I figure I'm just gonna have to spend what ever time need be to sort the car and make it pretty good and I'm comfortable in my driving routine again.

Then that would be the time to reach out to Bud or Lee for some formal training. Don't see it making sense to work with them till the car is prepared fairly well.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Now that the foundation is done, time to move on to the time consuming part, all the little detail stuff.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
One of my least favorite things, tin work, specifically bead rolling...

Carbon floors everywhere except for the drivers side.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Excellent.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Dang....lots of work....but awesome!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
WOW what a nice car...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
You know have followed this on the other site.
It's cool to see it broken down like this. super nice car.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Automotive Artwork!!
Fabrication is second to none.
Beautiful work!!

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
fitting & mounting the carbon fiber dash.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Time to start fitting the carbon fiber tubs.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Rear sheetmetal.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Mounting the carbon fiber front end.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Rear mounted Anderson connector for battery charging.

This was about the time where I decided to change to EFI for hood clearance reasons. This meant cutting out the Racepak IQ3 dash mount to be replaced with the Holley 7" display. This will require some repairs to the carbon dash down the road to close in the hole around the Holley display.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
This is where I took the car back home to finish the work. Was starting to be really hard to force myself to stay till 9 or 10:00 each night and drag myself to work every Saturday and Sunday to work all day. Will be a bit easier working from home on the rest.

Yes, stock steel doors with power windows as well as a stock hatch for weight bias in the rear.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Back at home. Ready to get back to work once I do some reorganizing.