DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Quarter Pro Shifter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quarter Pro Shifter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just curious but lets say he just paid 5k for a Trans and it came with a universal lever. What you all are saying is that this level will not work in anyway? Even if it is a universal one?

I could not get mine adjusted properly with the universal lever(remove the cable in each gear). Swapped the lever and it was perfect. I think i could have slotted the universal lever to work but the correct part was cheap enough.

Your results may vary.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rietow is correct. use their shifter linkage because the geometry is correct for the shifter. I have one in my door car and love it. if you use their lever the adjustment is easy and it works great. I have had mine two years with no issues and the one hand operation is nice. the guy that makes them is super user friendly and strives to make a great product. nice dude on top of that.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
I have had one in both of my cars. It will work with the universal lever. I have my shifter cable bracket mounted on the top of the trans and it adjusts no problem.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
I’ve used dozens of quarter pro shifters in new builds and most generally use the universal lever (up) without any issue. It’s a very nice shifter iMO with great customer support.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's not a matter of being right Pauly but I appreciate the idea. It's a matter of being conservative. Trust me I could take a butter knife and drill out a couple holes, dremel out a key in one end and it would work. I could make just about anything work but why would I do that when the Quarter Pro shifter comes with a proper shift lever designed for the shifter, when the name of the game is narrowing variables and I'm conservative to begin with? I wouldn't.

A proprietary shift lever is a positive, not a negative. With the standard being a Hurst Quarter Stick.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
he has new levers now can unbolt universal one and bolt on his lever

Posts: 6 | Location: nj | Registered: February 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Got a pic or part number for the new one?

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
call him just got two 631-471-3287 lou

Posts: 6 | Location: nj | Registered: February 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post