Find
Notify
Tools

wraps?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Had cpl guys tell me a wrap would be better than paint job for few reasons. Mainly tougher and probably less expensive.

My questions are. How much shine do they normally have?
Would it be cheaper second time around since art works done and they should have on file?
Anyone running one or have freind that does? Thoughts on them

Biggest question anyone near NC that you know of who does them that I might get more direct answer from?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I inquired about a wrap for my dragster when I was in middle of getting a couple dents repaired. I was told I needed an complete paint job with clear coat and not just smooth primer with old paint. I’m a single color kind of guy, so my thought was just paint it and not worry about a wrap. My heads up buddy on the other hand, has a mustang. His wrap about ten years old and looks great and has been tough.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Contact Chad at https://c-elysigns.com/
He's not far from Mason Dixon. He does great work, has good prices, and is a fellow racer

Posts: 41 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Funny car in avatar has same scheme I am going with ,so far from one colors and way above the 2500 it cost in 1989 thru 1995.Some where in triple or quadrupedal range. Hell I barley have that in car race ready.LOL or COL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Had cpl guys tell me a wrap would be better than paint job for few reasons. Mainly tougher and probably less expensive.

My questions are. How much shine do they normally have?
Would it be cheaper second time around since art works done and they should have on file?
Anyone running one or have freind that does? Thoughts on them

Biggest question anyone near NC that you know of who does them that I might get more direct answer from?

My Beretta is wrapped and everyone thinks it's painted because it's so shiny....I bought the car already wrapped and the guy told me it cost $2800 at the time.
I personally like a wrap because it's so durable.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
A high dollar paint job will always look better that a wrap, if you're after a show car look then that is the way to go...………..but wraps have come a long way and they come close, and to me make much better sense for a race car. Plus they are more durable and can be repaired or changed easily. I had mine wrapped, then changed part of it to include FTI's logo. The cost is much less and you can do just about anything. My suggestion is that you go with someone that has lots of experience and has been around for a long time, you need someone that will be there for you when you want to change or modify it or repair parts of it.

I would highly suggest The Wrap Pros/BB Graphics here in Ocala, but that's probably not an option for you because the distance from you.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post