New
Find
Notify
Tools

AN hose ends
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with Will. I prefer the nickel finish. I have a cut up sh1tbox, but the fittings look good!
Never cared what my car looked like, it was more about winning. Don't win money at car shows.
Granted, I haven't raced in a few years,but hope to this year. Temp for tomorrow is supposed to be 70°! I'll go look for the car!
See you at the track, hopefully. Crazy Driver

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
Aeroquip makes the best AN fittings IMO. They cost a little more up front but I've yet to have a problem.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hammertime:
Aeroquip makes the best AN fittings IMO. They cost a little more up front but I've yet to have a problem.
absolutely. It's the only brand I use at my shop unless they don't make a particular fitting.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
just a follow up, checked the hose ends on my dragster and they are all Fragola and I assume the 2000 series as were the -6, 45 degree hose ends to my carb.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
I currently have Earls nylon black hose that's 2years old and has leaks in 2 places in the middle of the hose not at fittings.'

I just experienced this over the weekend. None of my stainless braided lines have ever leaked, (3 years old), but when I added the return regulator 2 years ago, I used black nylon hose to plumb the return side. I just had one section of -10 literally start leaking in 3 places on the same afternoon. All of it is getting replaced this week, just wondering if there is some inherent issue with the black woven hose? Or are all hoses made the same inside, and the outer woven sheath is put on the same inner core hose material? (I would think so, but...) Confused
As for Ed's question, the best looking black fittings on my engine after 3-4 years, are the ones from Redhorse. The XRP & Fragola ones I used were red & blue, and they still look fine as well.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've never had a hose leak, including the black hoses on my dragster. Redhorse is chinese junk.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Spent a small fortune in the past couple of months on fittings. Did the entire fuel system from tank to hat distribution block in black XRP fittings. Did all the water lines in black Fragola 3000 series. XRP is a premium fitting IMO but both fit very well and had 0 leaks from both. Whether the black fades on the XRP or not time will tell.

Just a worthwhile FYI, The black XRP X31 hose and the Fragola black "race hose" are the same hose as I bought both. Extremely nice hose that still includes a layer of steel braid in the rubber.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I switched to the nickle plated ends.Looks cool with blck hose secondary reason,first easier to work with without scaring. I know they make wrenches just for that but never seem to have one around in emergency situation . So far all have gone together nicely and held at 220 psi test,all compressor will do.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Did they quit making magic markers in black?

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I gave up on trying to find a fitting that will stay black. Switched to nickel and some stainless fittings and like the look of them with the black hose better anyway.

Posts: 21 | Location: Jackson | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm told black markers made in china are available in the dollar store for the broke dyck crowd that buys chinese hose ends.