New
Find
Notify
Tools

AN hose ends
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
who sells black hose ends that stay black? Is hard coated anodizing rather than regular anodized the answer? Super Angry

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have no idea how well the color will last, but my homework is leading me to fragola Teflon hose and their black hose ends for my new fuel lines.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Corky
posted Hide Post
Fragola have held up well for me. Others...not so much.

Corky

Posts: 338 | Location: Waynesville, Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Don't know the answer to Eds question but I am plumbing my new motor with 100% Fragola black fittings, great price, great quality and 100% made in the USA

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies but I think I've got some fragola fittings that are no longer black too. got to check.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Did you check XRP?

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Paul, I haven't but they all sell black hose ends. The question is whose hose ends will still be black a few years after they have been in use.

I know not Earl's, pretty sure Fragola too and Aeroquip is violet brand new in the bag.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
All the black fitting on my current motor look pretty good other than the water lines attacted to the motor and the fittings on the trans are discolored a little.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Fragola are supposedly bright dipped. Not sure if that’s better or not but I had a new one that leaked the other day. I replaced it with an XRP, no leaks.

I am slowly replacing all the stainless braided hose with the black hose because I’m tired of the “stickers” that the stainless hoses eventually get and I’m sick of being stabbed or sliced.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used Redhorse on my transmission lines. They still look nice. 5 years.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Team C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markadams:
I used Redhorse on my transmission lines. They still look nice. 5 years.
\

^^^^We also use REDHORSE with no problems to date

Posts: 20 | Location: Glasgow, VA | Registered: July 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
post photos of the 5 year old hose ends

DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Redhorse = China.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
= JUNK

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
post photos of the 5 year old hose ends

I sent you a PM.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 70.5camaro
posted Hide Post
Russell pro classic on mine, the black hasn't faded and the swivel doesn't seize like the others I've used

Posts: 15 | Location: SW OK | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
russell is also chinese

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The fragola hose I am looking at has a black off coating on top of the steel braid. I am holding that will prevent nicks and pokes. I currently have Earls nylon black hose that's 2years old and has leaks in 2 places in the middle of the hose not at fittings.'

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Started using Fragola 3 or 4 years ago so that is as far back as my experience with them goes. That said, they still look brand new. (Yes, I was only use their black fittings)

Most of the fittings I have ever used still look new, except for the trans lines. They look faded at the trans. I would bet from getting too hot from time to time. I replaced them plus the lines when I saw that, didn't want to take a chance that the rubber lines were going to start coming apart internally.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Earls...

The Miezere and Moroso black anodizing sucks too.