DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Headed collector length
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headed collector length
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted
Installing a new 11 degree big chief motor in my door car. The right header is hitting a diagonal bar hard and won't bolt up. For now the easiest solution is to shorten the collector 3 inches and reattach the turn out. What effects will this have. In the future I will build a new right heater. What effects will it have to only cut the right header and leave the left as is. The left header fits perfect. Thanks

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The engine will never know it.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
you can see it on the dyno, but you never be able to see it at the track.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's on for you,,, before collector safety tie rules, I lost a collector at the hit and did not know it, made a 1/4 pass and couldn't tell looking at the time slip!

I think I will try turning my scoop around backwards and see what that does next!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I modified my headers for equal length, changed the order the tubes entering the collectors (from round firing order to diagonal firing order) and added about 10" to the collectors. It changed the response below stall speed but had no effect in ET/mph.

I'd make the change and not think twice about it.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1390 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post