DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Abradable Piston Coating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abradable Piston Coating
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted
I'm interested in finding out If anyone has any first hand knowledge of abradable powder coating for piston skirts? I've been looking into one company Line2Line, watched a podcast and their videos and it seems like a good idea for my engine freshen-up. The coating is thick about 75% of the clearance between the piston & bore. It's designed to wear down during break-in leaving proper clearance.

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using a product from KG Industries. It’s 3000 gear coat. www.kgcoatings.com. Spray on with hvlp gun and let dry. Then it’s oven cured. I’ve done probably 6 sets of pistons and two Eaton supercharger rotors. It’s essentially self clearancing. I do powder coating, ceramic coating on pistons and combustion chambers, and obviously skirt coating. Good luck

Posts: 58 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post