2020/2021
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Awesome info. Any trick attaching to the trailer side? When you say bolted to the tongue, did you drill/tap or go all the way through to the other side of the tongue tube? I thought about maybe welding tabs to the tongue. What a great time saver the pre fab doors are! Thanks for the info!!!

I drilled and tapped 6 3/8/16 holes to the top of the tongue rails. Frame has welded tabs that bolt to the aluminum plate. Box has 3 #12 tec screws at the top that attach to the trailer box studs just to hold it tight. Biggest issue I had was after the frame was built I set it on the tongue and discovered the trailer box and tongue were 1.5 inches out of square so I had to get a little creative with the skin and trim, but it came out pretty good.

Steve, do you use the load levelers and does the box get in the way of them?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
No I have never used them on this trailer and truck. The truck has adjustable shocks plus air bags and load or trailer sway has never been an issue.
Just drove 16 hours round trip this past weekend the Belle Rose La and the box and generator survived the crappy La roads without any problems so I guess I did something right. Big Grin

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
No I have never used them on this trailer and truck. The truck has adjustable shocks plus air bags and load or trailer sway has never been an issue.
Just drove 16 hours round trip this past weekend the Belle Rose La and the box and generator survived the crappy La roads without any problems so I guess I did something right. Big Grin

I would say so! thx

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
What size Ed? Don't be a tease.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's just a small dominator Wink

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Ok send me two.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
just for you Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer, Good job looks like you found the boys from Kentucky ATM not that far from Beach Bend Dragway. Two guys pited across form me at Clay City were running ATM carbs. Gas Dominaters I did not ask what size. They seemed to be doing good as the one guy won the first night. Both of them hung alot of rounds all 3 days. Neither car had carbs sealed only a strainer looking thing to keep rocks out and hood scoops letting air blow into the engine compartment.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We’ve been running ATM carbs since the beginning of last season. Great people, great carbs.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320racer There it is you have a hands on experience with ATM so you are going to stick with them. You can buy any carb you want so there is a reason you bought from them again. APD and KB carbs are in my backyard although I have not ran any KB carbs. There is alot of people running the KB and are happy, but I have just used the APD products or fuel injection (Terminator). After learning about ATM and their prices it looks pretty inviting. Talked to a guy in Cookville Tn. earlier today and he said himself and two other racers have them also and were pretty stoked and satisfied and would buy again. His is an e85 setup. His buddys are alky setups.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm going to stick with them.

FYI, ATM is owned by Angela Beniot. Her father is Marvin Benoit who was the founder of Quick Fuel Technology. After 19 years running Quick Fuel, he sold it in 2016 to the group that owns Holley who was his former employer for 20 years.

Met the family and employees at PRI in 2019.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
moving from dual small batteries in the nose which are for sale Wink ....

to one full size battery behind the front wheels...

battery tray was built by Bill Frederick formally with Undercover, now owner of Elite Chassis.

More Upgrades coming. Wink

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thought the two little batteries were great why the change just changing so can use any battery

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
needed a place to mount this

[/QUOTE]

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You're so dumb...that's not a battery Didn't think of that

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Clever add in battery tray. As others question, why go from two in the front to one near the middle?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Haven't touched my car in months. I open the garage door each week to make sure it is still there, lol.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Thought the two little batteries were great why the change just changing so can use any battery

We may never know.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post