New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020/2021
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Offseason upgrades. What is the plan for your car(s)?

Me...

Firebird
new batteries Right
new slicks Right
jones trans pump
trans temp gauge
freshen trans
new headliner
paint

Dragster
new battery tray
new battery(s)
pour in seat
freshen trans

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dragster: new valve springs, lifters, batteries, slicks, rebuild carb, seat belts, inspect chassis

Project car: hopefully buy control arms, drop spindles, shocks and 9 inch rear

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yea I've got belts in at least one car and chassis certs in both

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you haven't looked at them, I switched to pro1 for belts and they seem like really high quality. I was a simpson guy but the last time I needed them, they were out so I bought sparco, and while the belts were nice, the cam lock kept fighting me when it came to releasing the belts. I would put the pro1 up there with simpson in initial quality, durability is still up in the air though I don't expect any issues with them.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have my stuff custom built by Simpson, usually a 2 week lead time.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nice! Photos?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
Wife’s Dragster: new dial board, new ring gear, freshen motor, new radiator and on board air compressor.

My 67 camaro. Bought it this past March after it has been sitting since 04’
- new strange brakes
- new strange double adjustables on all 4 corners
- MSD Grid
- K&R wiring kit
- freshen motor
- freshen trans
- new converter
- new lexan
- fresh coat of paint

Also, just ordered a new trailer to haul two cars and will be buying a diesel pusher after the first of the year.

Not much going on for us before next year lol

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Fresh engine and small converter adjustment is all for me

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to post them.

My good friend is having Elite Chassis build him a dragster now. Tubing is being welded.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My car....bigger fuel pump.
Jr....freshen up Halfscale chassis bearings, tires etc
Son's full size dragster....engine trans wiring plumbing etc. New to us.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Nova:
Seat belts
Slicks

Dragster:
Seat belts
Slicks
Rod ends
Axles
Rear gear

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Take a look at our 2020 Double Vision Dragster Build if you haven't already for products and idea'r's.

CLICK HERE

SL...

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Heard Simpson bought out?
New Motor
Headers
Brakes
Tires
Belts
Front rims

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Freshen spare engine that’s a twin to the one in the car.

New G-Force L+L belts. The $69 ones. I really like these.

Holley EFI 6.86" Pro Dash with HP ECU

New factory Safelite windshield

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Engine basically has 20 runs on it so it's staying together other than re torque the heads, rods and mains.
Trans has 20 runs from brand new so it's good

- Sent rockers to T&D for inspection and repairs
-Blower being sent to TBS for re strip and inspection
-New MW CV driveshaft installed
-Added secondary hand brake system to car
-Axles sent to MW for inspection and new dual caliper brackets installed
-New TBM Calipers ordered for primary foot brake
-Air launcher chute system installed with new deployment and chute bags.
-New brakes for all 6 trailer wheels

$$$ Wish list items $$$
-New set of rear wheels, Deltas or V Series
-Honda EU 7000 generator and tongue box for trailer

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Oil change
tuneup change for Denver vs florida
addition of a primer plus system
new cert on chassis
overall good cleaning/inspection
may add a data recorder as well, still up in the air on that one though
few additions/improvements to the trailer

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
tuneup change for Denver vs florida

I’m curious about this. I’m injected also, and think I’m going to try Denver next year for the first time. How big are the changes you make for this?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Who did you get the components from for the secondary brake system? I've been thinking about it for a couple of years but haven't pulled the trigger.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by top189h:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Who did you get the components from for the secondary brake system? I've been thinking about it for a couple of years but haven't pulled the trigger.

I bought a Pro werks handle from The Chassis shop, once I cut it to the length I wanted and figured the ratio I ordered a compact size Wilwood MC, all the SS fittings and SS brake line from Speedway motors. They just happened to have everything I needed in stock. I fabricated the MC and handle mount for the car myself. MW for the duel caliper bracket. Flex hoses from Summit. Going to give TBM calipers a try for the primary brake and moving my MW calipers to the secondary brake

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
My car:
New crank and 8 new exhaust valves (broke crank at #1 main on last pass). Then back together.
Recert blower restraints and harness
New set of Hoosier 15xx rears
2 new trailer tires (swap 2 each year)

My dad picked up a 3rd Gen Camaro he wants to run in Pro. Hasn't raced since he battled Cancer (two New hips and a knee replaced from radiation treatment damage). All healthy now so been working on all new wiring, a moderately built 350, and safety upgrades. He’s like a kid, every time I show up at the shop he has some part he decided to upgrade...looking forward to watching him run it.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post