DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Transbrake button mount no box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transbrake button mount no box
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking for mounting pictures and ideas for mounting a long throw button for no box. Does anyone make anything pre-made? or I can fabricate something? My car is a 68 Camaro so any pictures or ideas for that specific car would be great but just looking for ideas to mount the button, it is too large for the steering wheel. Thanks!!

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://dialedpi.com has a few shifter mounted options.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Chvyrt
posted Hide Post
X2 for Dialed Performance Innovations.

Nice mounts have one in my car. Paul over their at DPI was super helpful.

Posts: 2 | Location: Cottonwood, AZ | Registered: April 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Just-N-Time recommends coming off the dash, steering column or crossbar. There is a tremendous amount of vibration from the exhaust on the floorboard / Shifter area that can cause inconsistencies with slow release buttons.

Here is a good example from a Track Champion that has been using the JNT Button for the past 4 years

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragRaceResults,

just n time button mount

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
I have two button locations. One on the steering wheel for t-brake release and one by the shifter to back up. I sit too far back to be able to reach the dash when buckled up.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wow, very clean setups guys!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys keep them coming if you can, I emailed piranah about their mounts but the email on the website is not allowing me to send, does anyone know if he is a member here or a good email to contact them?

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Some long throw buttons recommend horizontal mounting.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Just-N-Time recommends coming off the dash, steering column or crossbar. There is a tremendous amount of vibration from the exhaust on the floorboard / Shifter area that can cause inconsistencies with slow release buttons.

Here is a good example from a Track Champion that has been using the JNT Button for the past 4 years

Does that switch actually need to be pressed all the way in to activate?

Looks more like a parachute launcher than a TB switch.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Does that switch actually need to be pressed all the way in to activate?

My guess is this is a micro switch that is wired through the N/C contacts. Very little movement of the button is needed to de-activate the switch and close the N/C contacts.

I believe they provide spacers that go between the button head and the base of the unit to adjust the delay time.

If they showed a picture of the internals of the trigger attached to the button rod it’d be self-explanatory.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DragRaceSolutions.com
posted Hide Post
The switch is activated with about .020 of initial movement. It can be set up / spaced to be as quick as a red musho button if needed.

We recommend mounting the button horizontal to 20 degrees uphill.

If you are using the stiff springs like in other long throw buttons you can basically mount it however you want, but when using the softer springs the mounting becomes very critical. We supply a detailed instruction sheet the explains all of this.

Here you can see with some spacers. Additional are provided to zero it out.

SL...

Home of Collector Tethers ~ Just-N-Time Buttons & Drag Race Solutions products

www.DragRaceSolutions.com
Sales@DragRaceSolutions.com

Posts: 85 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Division 4 voted no transbrake in no box. Will be called pro footbrake.

Posts: 33 | Location: Cooper Tx | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post