DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC belt drive fuel pump mounts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC belt drive fuel pump mounts
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking for options on BBC belt drive fuel pump mounts. 80a Enderle Style. I have the ‘Rupert’ mount and need to relocate it possibly. Internet search shows Good Vibrations has one and I’m checking with them tomorrow. Right side mounting location. Trying to free up space to help with my cooling issue in my previous post. Any help for parts source is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mine is mounted on the crank trigger bracket. Works great, you might look into that. I run a Star mandrel and vacuum pump.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5302 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My current mount style is off the crank trigger. It looks and and works good but the problem is I cannot, so far, get the lower radiator hose to pass in between mount studs and crank trigger. Largest I can get is an 10an. I using a CSR pump and this is on a dragster.

Posts: 102 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bolted a flat 1/2” thick alum plate to the front 7/16” bolt holes and put the pump where I wanted it.
After that I cut away the extra plate material to clean up the front.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bolted a flat 1/2” thick alum plate to the front 7/16” bolt holes and put the pump where I wanted it.

That's what I did to mock up a BLP pump on the truck, worked pretty good but ended up using an Aeromotive pump and that uses two long stands to space the pump away from the block, pretty simple.
I've also seen people use the Moroso mount that bolts to the waterpump, another pretty simple setup

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Also GoodVibrations and Alkydigger both have a fuel pump from the Jesel or other belt drives right off the cam. No belts or adjustments once set up.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4000 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Also GoodVibrations and Alkydigger both have a fuel pump from the Jesel or other belt drives right off the cam. No belts or adjustments once set up.

I would have done that with my engine but I have a water pump in the way.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

That's what I did to mock up a BLP pump on the truck, worked pretty good but ended up using an Aeromotive pump and that uses two long stands to space the pump away from the block, pretty simple.
I've also seen people use the Moroso mount that bolts to the waterpump, another pretty simple setup

I milled away whatever I needed from the stands to line it up .
I have Rons FI brckets and a Kinsler pump.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a couple cam drive mounts for Enderle pumps that fit Jesels that I know longer need...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all replies. It gave me some good ideas. I went ahead and ordered the enderle water pump mount and belt but will make one like described if needed. Thanks all.