Find
Notify
Tools

Bushed lifters
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted
What is everyone using for a BBC 903 bushed lifter with low failure rate?

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
BAM...The latest version that doesn’t even have a bushing...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy with Crowler here (.847)

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

Have we gone full circle back to solid flat tappet lifters as the hot thing?

I have to be near 1000 runs on Isky .842 bushed lifters.

I have .937 Crower bushed in the other car. Not enough runs on it to be impressive, but so far so good.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Crower, not Crowler..

Sorry, that drives me crazy.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
ISKY .904 EZ Roll Bushing roller lifters in my SDPC 582 Head Hunter engine, going on three years trouble free service. No needles for me!!

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
582 Head Hunter on alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

Have we gone full circle back to solid flat tappet lifters as the hot thing?

I have to be near 1000 runs on Isky .842 bushed lifters.

I have .937 Crower bushed in the other car. Not enough runs on it to be impressive, but so far so good.
Apparently...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 57 Vette:
ISKY .904 EZ Roll Bushing roller lifters in my SDPC 582 Head Hunter engine, going on three years trouble free service. No needles for me!!

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
582 Head Hunter on alcohol

Isky EZ roll 904s here too. Blown 540 TD 95 runs and like brand new

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Crower 904s over 1000 runs and still perfect. Can't believe. 430 440 car

Posts: 62 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Isky EZROLLHELIX in one car EZROLLMAX in the other. Very happy with both. Not enough data to comment on long term life, but i was very happy with the ISKY bushing lifters in my other motor, outlasted the Crower severe duty pin oilers.

I did have bad luck with some crower bushing lifters in stock diameter BBC. Lost a lifter on 750 lift cam at 100 passes. Just should not have happened.

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
ISKY 904 BUSHED. Got over 900 runs on my 632 and when I sent them back they asked me why I sent them in. Was told they were in perfect shape. I said rebuild anyway for a piece of mind

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:
ISKY 904 BUSHED. Got over 900 runs on my 632 and when I sent them back they asked me why I sent them in. Was told they were in perfect shape. I said rebuild anyway for a piece of mind

What was the cost to rebuild a set ?

I just had a set converted from needle bearings to bushings and the price was a lot higher than expected. I did not deal direct....had a local shop send them in....

You can PM me if you would prefer....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
To convert a set is usually right around 720.00 plus shipping.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That is more in line with the price I was told and a pair was replaced with new.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I use the Crower bushed lifters and have not had any problems.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post