Bracket Talk
Any GY D2052 users here?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/8417073186

July 12, 2018, 10:28 AM
TD3550
Any GY D2052 users here?
Just curious about this tire,Removing the D2A'S
Have to get away from high growth tire. Sidewalls went. Almost put me into the wall Saturday. Had the (H's) Loosened up my jaw bone.. lol
July 18, 2018, 12:37 PM
358T
What tire are you currently using?

Over the years I've used GY mostly. Part numbers change but I've ran the 2070, 2052, and 2533 (current part numbers). Of the 3 I think the 2533 is best overall. The 2070 and 2052 can be faster but they are also significantly shorter and lighter weight. I just took off a set of 3 year old 2533 and put on another set of 2533. Car runs and repeats exactly the same as before. This is in a soft tail dragster that runs 4.9x's most of the time.

If I recall correctly from your previous posts you run the 2533 but you also have more power than me. Not sure if it will help you but I found that the 2533 likes a little more pressure that some other tires. If the pressure is low enough to get the entire tread to look the same all the way across then it likely doesn't have enough air. Mine have probably 3/4-1" of the outside edges of the tread that don't seem to touch the track much but maybe in the first 60 ft. The tire is designed to run on the rounded tread I believe.

Scott

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 358T,

WWW.KillerRONS.COM
July 18, 2018, 08:13 PM
TD3550
Scott. First pair on the car were the D1's No issues. Roll out 103.. They stopped production.
Next set were the D2A's tire were marked 104.25
No problems. But a odd situation at the stripe.
Whole car shook like both rears were running egg'd
Upped the air to 6.75. Still shook. Divisional time came and the only truck there was the (H) truck. Well went to CO7's. Fought them for almost about a half season. At this time the D2A's were unavailable. Why, i don't know.

The CO7's broke more stuff on the car than you can imagine. Both radiator lower support cracked, 2 body panels at the Dzus. Found the Bronze thrust cracked in half in the planets when i was doing the bench job. Took them off and went right into the dumpster at the shop.

Well the D2A's came back to market. Got 2 more.
Came marked at 105. I made the mistake of never running the tape. Car lost 10 MPH. I taped them up and "WOW" 107.75.By now i was burned out but the tires were smooth as glass until the end of
2017. Now they are starting to shake the whole car again. I upped the air to 6.75 last weekend.
Violently at the hit, the car decides to turn left. This is a HT car and have never had this issue. With someone watching over me i kept it off the wall and checked the shorts. As GY stated these are high growth hides. I was talking to a couple of GY dealers. both were in the direction of sidewall issues.

The day of the wall event, dummy me decides to leave the rear bar off. Why,can't answer that.. The car came up 18'. Well this past Saturday i went to the divisional and got the 2052's. Had to get back home and hit the job. Hence the question of the 2052's

Sorry about the long rant. What was the most air that you have run in the D2A' at any given time?
I keep an eye on the outer edge.I did some testing with the wing and without. I noticed with the wing, less scuff towards the edge.About 1.5'. now without the wing, almost 3". I keep an eye on the scuff.. I was told to start these at
7 and get a feel for the car again with less RO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,
July 18, 2018, 11:04 PM
TOP38
MT3183!
July 19, 2018, 07:21 PM
sittin duck
I run the 2070 at 7.2 on air pressure and they work great.