DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Brodix -13 Heads SBC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brodix -13 Heads SBC
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
If anyone who has run a SBC with Brodix -13s and is willing to discuss details shoot me a PM, I would appreciate it.

Be safe, be well.

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m not lol…but I got the 21 degree Brodix an I don’t see how anything can be much better…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Camshaft is very important. Most people want a cam that "traps" and builds a TON of cylinder pressure. This will not run very well in a DRAG RACING application at all and you will be very disappointed with the heads, and especially if trying to run alky. I can tell you a 440" engine i have been working on has a 302 exhaust lobe, and it is working fantastic, once we put enough exhaust lobe in it to "spit it out the tail pipe" (as previous one engine builder said), the car picked up .2 in the 660, and actually would pull above 6200 rpm.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a custom set of Brodix -13's. What details are you looking for?

Haven't run them yet, but expect them to make considerably more than the 915 HP my old 15 deg. RFD/Edelbrock castings make.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 343 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the responses. I will send both of you gentlemen a PM.

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Can I jump in here. I have a set of ported Brodix -11s. On a 377" I bought used. Freshening them up. One question; Better to sell the -11 and get a more standard 23' Dart Pro1s or ??

Thanks, just a quick question since cylinder head guys might read this post.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1216 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
-11s are very dated I would go with brodix 227cc track 1s on a 377 or your 406

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
21 degree is were its at…

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes 21 deg. is a great head but requires offset lifters and rockers. Not everybody can afford all that.

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ALL PRO heads nuff said!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The MBE Drag 10* billet heads look really nice. Several things I like about them for one the shaft rocker system has a large wide platform to mount shaft rockers to, 495 CFM is rather good to. Those heads could feed any small block out there. Thing is when you get to spending that much money on a set of heads you might as well go to a BBC. Good set of BBC SR-20 would probably be cheaper.

https://www.mbellc.com/-mbe-sm...ck-chevy-billet-4400
Do not know how well the Brodix -13 are but if you have them might as well run them. I am curious to know the performance specs on those heads.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hop on a sprint car page somewhere and just browse around.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The MBE stuff is unbelievable and they carry a comparable price as well. Yes a big block would be a better value per hp im sure but I wanted a SBC. I hope the -13s perform well. I'll let you know when its done and dyno'd and have a time slip. Still waiting on castings to arrive at this point.

BG

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have yet to see a bracket car with MBE heads that is impressive yet Matt sure is proud of his work.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Roller tip needle bearing option on T&D shaft rockers? Worth it? I have heard varying opinions. What say you?

BG

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Roller tip needle bearing option on T&D shaft rockers? Worth it? I have heard varying opinions. What say you?

Our builder put them on our new ProCharger build. With only 10 passes under the belt, I have no opinion yet.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2494 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
10 4. I believe thought process is roller tip make guide less side loaded but how much....idk.

BG