DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    need brake rotor help please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need brake rotor help please
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
We have a race car with Mustang II front rotors. The are 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern 9.?? diameter rotor. I nor the local auto parts people can find this rotor or part# in there computers. I did find them thru speedway motors but wanted to get them local. The speedway # is 910-31002.They however can't cross reference it, or give me an OEM #. Any one run these, I thought this was a common rotor unless everybody gets them from Speedway!

Posts: 23 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
According to speedway they are 74-'78 Mustang II or '74-'80 Pinto/Bobcat

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
these all pull up as 4 lug not 5. I was hopeing some of the ford folks could just rattle off a part#.

Posts: 23 | Location: Clarksville,Tn. 37042 | Registered: December 21, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I’m not aware of any 5 lug 4 3/4 bolt pattern rotors ever made by ford for that application. All pintos and mustang2 were 4 lug afaik. The 5 lug setup is an aftermarket conversion. Maybe, maybe a ford ranger rotor might fit the spindle but I’m pretty sure it’s not a 4 3/4 lug pattern.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
5 lug ford rotors are 5x4.5 gm are 5x4.75 you’re going to have to get them from speedway or summit or speed shop nothing Orem is going to work

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you’re wheels are dual bolt pattern you might be able to find like a Granada rotor that might fit spindle

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If you found rotor of same diameter and offset it would seem drilling them to match pattern pretty easy. Lay one on top of other with centers lined up,clamoe with cpl clamps and drill. I will check set I haee in building that we used on my 66 Nova. To best of memory they where off Pinto and used Fierro calipers, made for cheap front disc brakes and lite weight.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
same ones on my roadster, only place to get them is speedway.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
better set-up is the option from afco-
11" fairmont rotors with both bolt patern and brackets to use GM metric calipers.
way better.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post