DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Holley fuel pump seal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holley fuel pump seal?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Anyone have a source for a seal for a Holley Black pump 12-815?

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did you find the seal?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe the seal is replaceable. It is installed then bushing is pressed in after that if it is like the Holley blue pumps. I completely destroyed a blue pump trying to figure out how to get the seal out. They used to sell replacement base that you just took the motor off yours and put on it but I don’t know if they do that any more.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
So far haven't found anything. Yes the bushing has to come out to get the seal out. Bushing has plenty of wear too. I've emailed a few places including Holley, so far no returned emails. I'd say it's a paperweight and I'll just have to buy a pump for a spare. I had a new one in the trailer, changed it between rounds.
I see Jegs and others sell copies of the Holley Black pump, I might just buy one of those for a spare.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Try allstate carb in New York

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
The upper seal is not serviceable. I attempted to get one through Holley once and they do not sell them. Just for fun, I tried to disassemble the pump. I don't recall details, but the disassembly was impractical. A failed upper seal makes the pump a paperweight. Fortunately, the black pump is relatively reasonable in cost and lasts a long time. Just replace it.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post