Find
Notify
Tools

tech west
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted
is tech west still repairing msd ign and is it worth trying to use him.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rusty, there’s been a good amount of negative comments over the years about him, going silent and disappearing. I would never use him and I’ve had good service from MSD whenever I sent them something.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I personally had a good experience using them.

(704) 995-4286

Thats the number i have in my phone.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks guys,last week i shut my car off no problem.this i pulled the sytem off to put on a friends car to ts a problem.my ign would not fire,on a tester.brought back home still wont fire different tester.im about ready to go back to my digital ign.

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I had 2 good experiences with him then one where it took him a long time to get it back. A friend used him and it took forever and went through a bunch of bull to get his stuff back. Now I hear he is back and doing good. Last month I sent 2 boxes back to MSD and they did a good job on them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MSD Always answers the phone, provides RMA# and prompt fair priced repair services.

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
msd it is monday am

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
lol

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
A while back I had a bad MSD box and tried to contact Techwest, multiple calls and emails and never got any reply. Sent the box to MSD and got it repaired quickly for a fair price. Lately I've seen Techwest popping up on FB pages advertising his services.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have used Tech West several times over the years and also racing buddies, have used them with great luck. I am thinking its a small operation and couple years ago I had a little wait time form contacting him to when he got back to me. When he did he said sorry had said some family illness. Sent my stuff to him and got it back about 10 days later with no problem.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr498
posted Hide Post
Well I sent a box to him in August, he said I had a bad connection, charged me $150, and said he fixed it. About 2 weeks later I put it in the car and no start. It tested bad, so I called Pat, he said "send it back" ( he seemed irritated). After about 2 weeks I called- no answer, nothing. Still don't have it. My friends said I should have sent it to msd, should have listened.

Posts: 81 | Location: at the track, pa | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Couple years ago had a Rev circuit go bad in a 7al3 called tech west no return call.

Sent to MSD they turned it around in a week or so and the price was fair.

I say take the chance if tech west is going to call you back or hold your box hostage?

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
My techwest experience. If you want a complete and total hassle, send it to Pat. Once he got my money he stopped answering texts, emails and his phone. Sent him my box on the 18th of Aug, On sept 5th i paid him and he told me the box was already done. then NOTHING, left msgs, sent texts, finally sent the local police to his house on 2nd of October ( I thought he was dead), the officer called back and said he was fine, standing in the doorway waving, and he knew who I was, still would not contact me or send me my box. After I reversed the charges on the credit card he then called me. He fed me a bunch of crap about why he could not answer any texts, emails and his phone.

So maybe you'll be lucky and everything will go fine.
Oh the box works great!

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Keep dealing with those individuals that solicit business, on the forums who aren’t real businesses and this is what happens. There is absolutely zero reason not to send your MSD components back to MSD if you have an issue. They have been in business for 52 years and are the benchmark in aftermarket race ignition systems.

DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted Hide Post
Well there was a time when MSD was NOT fixing 7AL-3's and I sent 2 of my boxes to Pat @ TechWest and he was great & very reasonable. So I don't know what to tell you as I have had very good experiences with them..........

Posts: 21 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The only boxes msd didn’t/doesn’t fix is the old/original “potted” digital boxes

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
JMO but the bad far out weighs the good with this guy. Why would anyone want to take the chance on losing their ignition box and or the money sent.
Just doesn't make any sense when MSD is a brick and mortar business and answers the phone

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Steve…KNOWS!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Grid 7730 is a $575 throw away, but the Grid 7720 can be repaired. I have two 7730’s, one 7720 for over 10 yrs and have been perfect. I switch between the 7730’s every other yr. I use a old 6al for the 7720 back-up and plug it in every yr to confirm working properly.

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post