Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    AN hose size for radiator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AN hose size for radiator
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What size AN hose are you guys running for radiator? I'm looking into getting rid of my bulky hard to find standard radiator hoses but did not want to go too small with it.

Thanks!

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy

Posts: 483 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mine are -12 I just went and looked.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 4607 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
-12 on mine. Cools great.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1239 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of superpro54
posted Hide Post
12 AN on mine

Posts: 80 | Location: Brooksville FL  | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!!

Jason McLawhorn
Greenville, NC
1955 Chevy

Posts: 483 | Location: Greenville, North Carolina | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
-12 here as well. On my previous car, I had -16 into the pump and -12 out the water neck. I did this on a recommendation from Meziere, to create a pressurized system.

I haven't seen any negatives from going to all -12.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2390 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I run a -10 from Maziere pump to motor and a-12 from motor to radiator. I do run alcohol and the -10 Hose can flow every bit and more than the wimpy water pump puts out.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

2X SHRA NE2 CHAMPION.

Posts: 1182 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
-12 on my smallblock. Have run gas, E85, and methanol with no cooling problems.

Posts: 24 | Location: USA | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
-10 was OK for alky but did not work on gas. Went to -12 and gas was fine

Posts: 2055 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have -12. My friend uses -8 or -10 on gas with a shogun pump system

Posts: 632 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use -16 on bottom, -12 up top on recommendation from Meziere also. I only run the water pump half the time on methanol.

Posts: 1112 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post

O'IT!

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

Support our President! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Posts: 9365 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post