Notify
Tools

Primer plus
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
I would assume a -4 fuel line would be sufficient ??? Is the solenoid between the tank and pump or the pump and plate ??

Don't know about 4an. Mine came as tank and pump in rear with 6an to regulator on fenderwell, 6an to solenoid, 3an from solenoid to needle valve. Has always worked well.

In the pic, the solenoid is mounted on the bottom of that bracket in the right front corner of the toilet. 6an on right , 3an on left.

Posts: 2428 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Thanks for the pics and info Mark. I like the idea of the pump and tank in the rear of the vehicle, it would make my install much cleaner and user friendly.

I would assume a -4 fuel line would be sufficient ??? Is the solenoid between the tank and pump or the pump and plate ??

Thanks !!

-4 line is fine, that’s what is on our custom primers. You’re only going to be idling on it, not a lot of fuel consumption.

On the primer plus Ron’s sells, the solenoid is connected directly to the output side of the facet pump. They get wired together so when the pump shuts off the solenoid closes and ensures fuel can’t get sucked through the pump into the engine.

Posts: 710 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
HS professor, I run a 1 gal. tank in trunk, FAUCET PUMP mounted near cell > -04 to Solenoid/needle valve combo mounted on chassis strut rail to eliminate weight on plate like Markemark mentioned, then -03 to plate w/ 55 jet for my motor needs. After initial adjustment I will adjust about 3/4 of a turn throughout the season. Also I found a need for a 'T' screw on the Needle valve for easy adjustment & locking.

Posts: 254 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richie: Also I found a need for a 'T' screw on the Needle valve for easy adjustment & locking.
Excellent adjustment locking method advice.

Posts: 2428 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
What are the dimensions on the one gallon tank that you can get with the primer plus system?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post