New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beadlock issue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I am having an issue with one of my new beadlock wheels leaking around the entire bead front and back. I have followed all the manufacture requirements on the tightening and torqueing pattern. Has anyone ever had this issue and how did you fix the problem.

Thanks

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What company bead lock and brand of tire?

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Are you sure the tire’s bead is completely in the receiver around the entire wheel? It’s a tight fit with all the Weld beadlock Wheels I have mounted.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
some bead rings on certain brands didnt clamp the same on all tires.i was helping with one that would spin on the rim.on that deal there was actually a different set of rings for the wheel,

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
tim mcamis has a video talking about bead pile thickness. might be something to watch.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would rather not say who the wheel manufacture is for debate issues. I will say it is a well known wheel manufacture. I have talked with them and we may need to remove some material from the rings to give it more clamping. They are checking on the specs.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So the bead is seated completely around the receiver and it’s not a Weld Wheel?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That is correct the bead is seated all the way around correctly. One wheel and tire has zero issues.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then I'm going to say you got chinese wheels, maybe Race Star Wink

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't want to say the wheel manufacture cause I don't want any negative comments. regardless if they are made in the USA or Chinese they shouldn't leak. It could be a simple fix or may need something else done to fix the issue. I just want to know if anyone has dealt with this issue and how it was resolved. Like mentioned I have followed all the manufactures requirements for installation. I did watch the Tim McCamis video and it made a lot of sense. Could be a tire issue.

Thanks for all the input so far.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
could be a chinese wheel issue Wink

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed is probably right race stars

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:
That is correct the bead is seated all the way around correctly. One wheel and tire has zero issues.

Try swapping tires from one to other and see if it follows the tire or stays with the rim.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
[QUOTE

Try swapping tires from one to other and see if it follows the tire or stays with the rim.

what he said ....

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

^^^THIS^^^
It will take about an hour of your time to find out if its the tire or wheel

Posts: 2425 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't have much experience with many bead locks but on my rings, they crush totally different with Hoosiers than with MT my understanding is the bead pack is different thickness wonder if this could be your issue.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
regardless if they are made in the USA or Chinese they shouldn't leak.

That`s where you are wrong. The made in China shyt is always a problem.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All,

So here is the issue we discovered. The wheel has 560 thou of gap the tire has 630 thou of bead bundle. So it only has 70 thou of crush which is not enough crush to seal the tire. We are currently working with the manufacture on the fix for the rings.

With that said it was not a wheel issue it is just an issue with the difference in the bead bundle. I do run M/T bubbas and what I have read is that the M/T's do have less of a bead bundle then hoosiers or goodyears.

Thanks for all your responses and help.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why continue with the secrecy about the Chinese wheel?

M/T, nor Hoosier nor Goodyear have this issue on Weld’s Delta or any Weld headlock wheel.

It DOES make a difference where your wheels, parts are made as you have now found out and no one buys Chinese parts because they are better than those made in the USA! USA