New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick fuel 1050
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a quick fuel QFX 4710 1050 gas carb. I picked one up local looks like it has all the original air bleeds and jets in it. Just wondering how good it will work on a 540 bbc older shafiroff motor. somewhere in the 760hp range.

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Had that carb on 509" hardtail, ran 4.94's and there was more tuning to do.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using one for 5 years. Runs very well and needs nothing but jets sized to suit your engine and conditions.

It Ran nearly as fast as a Ron’s Terminator both ET and MPH on the same engine with no other changes.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
They work just fine. Been 4.40s with that little carb.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! I'm going to freshen it up and try it out !

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post