DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ET Slowed Down, Speed the Same
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ET Slowed Down, Speed the Same
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Shane:
Very easy to spin .03 in 60 feet, then lose more ET at each incremental and run the same MPH.
In your signature it says "best et 9.43", Im guessing that was in mine shaft air? Even if thats true, thats quite a swing in ET to me?
Is this your first time out this year, is this a new convertor, have you changed anything else?

With MPH being the same I would have to assume its not motor, fuel or ignition issue. I would have to go with possibly trans, conv to tight, tires worn out or maybe suspension issue?

Yes, typically whatever you spun in the 60ft is double at the 1/4 and usually the MPH is about the same.

If you stage differently the difference in staging will affect the R/T and ET the same exact amount, yet the MPH will be the same.

Mike & Shane, I'm hoping it is just spinning. Same FTI converter four seasons, stage the same every time, try to flicker the bulbs.
Just checking things over, trans fluid perfect, plugs normal, slicks only 60 passes, strange double adjustables on back. I will check the timing, I have a crank trigger so I hadn't thought of that.
Playback tach shows both slow runs virtually identical to normal. Launch RPM the same, flash the same, shift the same, fall back the same, finish line RPM the same.
My best pass was at 50° with a tailwind. This weekend, mid 90s, dewpoint 68°, 15MPH headwind.
Runs 9.50s-9.60s in normal weather.
I am going to make a trip to a local 1/8th mile track tomorrow night and make a few hits. I have history of what I run there. If it's still slow, I will start looking hard for an issue.
Thanks everyone for the ideas.

'76 Camaro
400 SBC
Powerglide
Dana 60...4.88 Gear
2445# on the Track
Best Pass:9.43@142.xx

Posts: 8 | Location: Independence, Mo | Registered: September 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pete:
run 9.82

dial 9.79

Bold strategy.......

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
quote:
run 9.82

dial 9.79

Bold strategy.......

LOL, strategy was never my strong suit.

'76 Camaro
400 SBC
Powerglide
Dana 60...4.88 Gear
2445# on the Track
Best Pass:9.43@142.xx

Posts: 8 | Location: Independence, Mo | Registered: September 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Agreed:
Rule 1 of bracket racing:
Don't dial what you cant run
Rule 2 of bracket racing:
refer to rule 1
Rule 3
Your "best" e.t. means squat...

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good rule of thumb:

Don't dial what your pile does not have on file...

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
quote:
run 9.82

dial 9.79

Bold strategy.......

I was thinking it was a typo, if not, I can use some easy rounds.... Wink

I actually do know people that will dial what they think it should run, not what they know it will run. They usually don't last long....

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opinions on where I should start looking.

Put a new set of slicks on and throw 25 pounds on the back.

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I used to run Indiana University tires, after about 75 runs my 60 ft. went away, tires still had plenty of tread depth but sidewalls were shot.

Posts: 321 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: October 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post