DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Replace 12 bolt yoke
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replace 12 bolt yoke
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Personally I would have thrown the crush collar away and put a spacer in. Just a little work for peace of mind. I'm a glutton for work. I'd now place the car on boxes and measure the pinion angle with the load on the suspension. Agree with the double negative, instead of trying to measure the transmission measure at the balancer, it's less confusing. I'd also measure for the driveshaft while it's on the boxes. Put the trans yoke in, bottom it, pull it back 1" and measure from the center of the joint on the yoke to the center of the joint at the rear.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I thought about putting the tires on it and measuring again. The fronts are resting on ramps and the rear is on stands that put the slicks at the same height as the fronts. Plus the glass front, radiator, water, oil, carb and ATF aren't in. I did measure from the balancer as well as the trans. I'll probably set it on a pile of 2x12's and recheck it. I don't have the trans yoke but MW can use another measurement.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post