DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    fork lift techs ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fork lift techs ?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I've got a Toyota 8FGU20 #52067 lift truck. We had a leak at the front hydraulic cylinder (not the two rear cylinders). We aint got anyone-nor the time-to rebuild it, so I removed it and then sent it out to a hydraulic shop, had them put a seal kit in it and then we reinstalled. That said, when I took the hose off of the bottom, a valve & spring fell out-and I found the diagram online to put it back in the way it's supposed to go. Valve in first, spring, then hose fitting. When the mast is up and then we let it back down, when the lever is pushed all the way forward the mast drops slower than it does when the lever is about halfway between neutral and full "down".

Y'all got any ideas? We've put about 10 hours on it since reinstall and other than that annoying issue it works fine.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Does the assembly have a bleed nut somewhere. Most of the hydraulic lift gates i work on there are none. Bring up the RPM and operate the control back and forth. Really sounds like trapped air or the valve is sticking. Valve go in ok? What is the proper fluid level checking procedures.
in/out?
up/down?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TXETRacer
posted Hide Post
That is the excess flow valve made to kick in only if the main lift hose was to blow. It sounds like it is not functioning properly and may be damaged in some way. One of two options... 1. Replace the valve and spring. 2. Remove the valve and spring. In 41 years of working on forklifts, I have never seen the excess flow valve be needed. It is a suspect theory in our business anyway. The lift hose specs are so over kill, the hoses never burst. They may get damaged, start to seep at the crimps, look old and dry rotted to the point of recommending replacing, but never burst. If it was mine, the valve and spring would be removed.

Dial it in, line it up & Let's Go ! ! !

Posts: 75 | Location: D/FW, Texas | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is sticking intermittently. Twice this week it's been acting up, rest of the time it's been acting normally. Next time it's in the shop for servicing, probably 1 April (or around then), I'll have to address it. Thanks!

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post