DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mullis chassis set up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mullis chassis set up
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted
Anyone with a mullis (2007) that runs in the 4.40’s like to share there chassis set up. This one shakes the tires on the launch
Thx in advance

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'll say it before anyone else, What tire is on it? I've owned 4 Mullis cars but have only gone 4.65 at best.. I have seen them go 4.40 a lot..

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 598 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
we are 4.0's in an 2007,great car,smoooth as glass.need more info

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:
Anyone with a mullis (2007) that runs in the 4.40’s like to share there chassis set up. This one shakes the tires on the launch
Thx in advance

Brian , no matter what brand of car it’s best to tune to the combinatio but start from the basics.
Make sure swingarm is squared when going in and then to car, a good starting point is 2* down on bottom bar, 8-12* down on top, drive in car. 2-4* pinion angle. I’ve worked on dozens of cars with several brands this will go down a track and fine tune from there. Good luck

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
Brian , no matter what brand of car it’s best to tune to the combinatio but start from the basics.
Make sure swingarm is squared when going in and then to car, a good starting point is 2* down on bottom bar, 8-12* down on top, drive in car. 2-4* pinion angle. I’ve worked on dozens of cars with several brands this will go down a track and fine tune from there. Good luck[/QUOTE]
Thanks David. I am really close to what you gave me. He has a Penske shock and I think that’s most of the problem. Trying to figure out where it needs to be. He has NO idea on the shock setting or air psi that it needs
Again Thx

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
What tire? That is the question and the main reason people leave Hoosier.

If you are sure it is not the tire then I would check real close for any loose rod ends or any play of any kind in the rear including the shocks.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3977 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
Seen a penske shock just decide it was done on an american car, 4.80 car would shake like a fuel car. He had a spare afco so he installed it same day and went right back to running as it should. He never sent the penske off to find out what issue it had though.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post