DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone running a Globalist $30 spacer off Amazon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running a Globalist $30 spacer off Amazon?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
A buddy came over and looked at this, and claimed it's identical to his Wilson 1" spacer.

I bought it to gain carb to hood clearance on a muscle car with a flat hood, I Super Pro bracket race.

The globalists are making some nice looking spacers, cheap!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of RTsr.
posted Hide Post
Looks exactly like the Wilson 4130-1-1/2" we paid $200CDN for in 2009.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
A buddy came over and looked at this, and claimed it's identical to his Wilson 1" spacer.

I bought it to gain carb to hood clearance on a muscle car with a flat hood, I Super Pro bracket race.

RT
An "old" racer turned pit crew.

Posts: 11 | Location: ON Canada | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RTsr.:
Looks exactly like the Wilson 4130-1-1/2" we paid $200CDN for in 2009.

quote:

I'm gonna try it under a BLP BX4 4150 I have on my Nova, it gets me an additional .500 carb to hood clearance under the flat hood on my Nova.

I saw they were up to $42 dollars on Amazon yesterday.

I got hold of a BCRC TSI spragless converter I may possibly be able to lose the 300 lbs of ballast I'm carrying and still go 6.40. If I'm right it'll be slow early in the run with mph late in the run and cross around 7000-7100 rpm's with a 3.89 gear.

I'm gonna put it in high gear soon as hits the tire at trans brake release. If all that pans out I'll put the Dominator carb & intake on it, see if I can get it to go 6.40 at 114 with a 3.89 gear on DOT street radials.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The converter I got hold of is in the 496 third gen Camaro now. I finally decked it on the transbrake day before yesterday, it stalled 6700 rpm.

It'll stall that or a hair more behind my sbc or it was a tight dyno. The pump gas 496 only made 710 hp.

It's a BCRC TSI, built originally for a 383 sbc.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Can't afford a Made in USA spacer that doesn't look like it was machined with sharp rocks by a 1st grader?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More of the same from retard, hawking flea bay chinese junk for the broke dyck crowd!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Get it right midget Ed. This is Globalist shyt.

American Globalists hire cheap chinese slave rate labor to produce, instead of Americans, for 99% profit margins.

These are Globalist products, not chinese. Same as that chinese made chevrolet truck you're driving.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
What's with the chunks out of the spacer bores?
Was that scientifically programmed into the manufacturing process?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get it right midget Ed. This is Globalist shyt.

American Globalists hire cheap chinese slave rate labor to produce, instead of Americans, for 99% profit margins.

These are Globalist products, not chinese. Same as that chinese made chevrolet truck you're driving.

I like how you are always on here talking about China taking over among all the other BS that comes spewing out of your keyboard. Then you constantly post some Chinese POS that you are buying or boasting about.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
have a real super sucker-have yet to try it. That might make a good honest test for this place.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again there is NO performance gain, NO ET, NO MPH to be had by adding a spacer and in some cases there is a LOSS off performance due to already having a plenum that is too big for the combo, for the RPM it operates in. What aluminum, plastic, phenolic, wood spacers are good for is a heat sink to isolate the hot manifold from the carb.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
except for the rear morson sheeeeeer spacer that will turn a 6.40 car in to top fuel funny car for the special introductory price of $100. made in tiewans.

ep-facts and truth 1290

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard according to retard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it puts you in a time warp and you'll miss that cone this time.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
Hopefully it puts you in a time warp and you'll miss that cone this time.

If it's that simple, why didn't Bradenton track officials just give a clarification for why they put the wagon back in the race, 45 minutes after originally declaring him loser?

Could it be this? The irrefutable evidence for why the wagon was originally declared loser?

Bradenton track officials were busted, on camera telling impossible stories to put a semifinal round loser, they originally declared loser, back in the final round.