DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    APD MaxSpeed Carb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APD MaxSpeed Carb
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Just bought one used and have no idea how to use it, anyone know how to make adjustments on it? Trying to adjust idol because its too hight but the idol screws aren’t even touching.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
check all linkage to be sure butterfly is closed .i have seen them askew before

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If I adjust any of the linkage will it change the TPMs while on the stop? Also whats the knob on back of CO2 cylinder for? Looks like you can turn it counter clockwise or clockwise.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sully3358
posted Hide Post
The knob on the back controls the RPM while on the stop. What's your email, I can send you the instructions.

Posts: 183 | Location: IL | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just sent you a PM Sully, Thanks.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check closely to make sure the solenoid or any other part of the linkage is not hitting your throttle cable mount.

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
Just bought one used and have no idea how to use it, anyone know how to make adjustments on it? Trying to adjust idol because its too hight but the idol screws aren’t even touching.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I ran the max speed carbs on 3 of our cars since they first came out with them. If you bought yours used, it my be safe to assume the previous owner was struggling with it. If he was having tons of success with it, it would probably still be on his car. There is a lot going on in the max speed carbs, and they have many unique characteristics. I would highly recommend you send it back to APD and have them go through it. It will save you a ton of headaches in the long run!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
Just bought one used and have no idea how to use it,

Just a thought but;
Wouldn't hurt to call APD and ask questions.
They designed it, manufactured it, did countless hours of R&D on it. If looking for guidance on how to adjust it I'd bank on them being the people to ask. Their staff members have real world experience in its operation.

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a APD 1250 Max Speed on my S/G 582 and it has been flawless, from idle to wide open there is zero hesitation. It's a pricey little critter but worth the money.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Had an issue with what I thought was my MaxSpeed. The issue actually was with the regulator on the bottle. Replaced it and problem went away. All of this after calling and sending back my MaxSpeed to APD.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post