DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Printing ticket car's driveshaft ratio
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Printing ticket car's driveshaft ratio
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Waiting for the easy fix? You have told everybody they are wrong, so tell us the fix.

How about this, read the original post. The OP was told anything more 10% slip is no good.

Then someone else suggested 10% must be 1/4 mile converter slip percentage because with 10% slip 1/8 mile, a car would be a dog. I laughed at that one for a bit before finally saying something. Then you come in here and claim it can't be done, ... Are you F'n serious? LoL!

Tighten up and I might tell you how simple it is to do.... I don't care how many converters you've tried, that only tells me you don't have a clue and nobody has bothered to tell you, probably because they figured you wouldn't listen anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I looked around the best speed I could find was 152 almost 153. I was thinking it was 165 according to being told the tire measures 139" at the stripe but that would mean the converter isn't slipping 15.5% now. so the tire is not 139" now at the stripe.

So the tire is 137" at 153 for the converter to slip 15.5% at 153

So if you want the converter to slip 10% you put a 4.71 gear in it.

If you like the starting line ratio the way it is now, you can call Transmission Specialties. They have a 1.64 low rated to 2000 hp, we have one in one of our transmissions for our DXP Street heads up radial tire car. Do that and it'll slip less than 10% dependent on speed, it'll definitely have a better back half..

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Waiting for the easy fix? You have told everybody they are wrong, so tell us the fix.

How about this, read the original post. The OP was told anything more 10% slip is no good.

Then someone else suggested 10% must be 1/4 mile converter slip percentage because with 10% slip 1/8 mile, a car would be a dog. I laughed at that one for a bit before finally saying something. Then you come in here and claim it can't be done, ... Are you F'n serious? LoL!

Tighten up and I might tell you how simple it is to do.... I don't care how many converters you've tried, that only tells me you don't have a clue and nobody has bothered to tell you, probably because they figured you wouldn't listen anyway.

When it comes to converters, there are more lost souls here than at a democrat convention. Mike , I've had the same arguments with guys running 800hp. et's using documented 1000+hp. engines to do it.
These guys wouldn't qualify in the 50th spot with 25 entries in comp eliminator.

"Trust the Plan"

Posts: 28 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
quote:

When it comes to converters, there are more lost souls here than at a democrat convention. Mike , I've had the same arguments with guys running 800hp. et's using documented 1000+hp. engines to do it.
These guys wouldn't qualify in the 50th spot with 25 entries in comp eliminator.

Ain't that the Truth! " when it comes to converters there's more lost souls than at a democratic convention". That's funny! True too!

I might use that if you don't mind?!

I've come to expect it in forums, everything is determined by the consensus of the mostly clueless.

I'm really speaking to passerby's such as yourself, who get it.

I know I'm speaking a foreign language, but every now and then, I'd imagine, I'm able to help someone have a smooth drag racing experience.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ain't that the Truth! " when it comes to converters there's more lost souls than at a democratic convention". That's funny! True too!

I've come to expect it in forums, everything is determined by the consensus of the mostly clueless.

I know I'm speaking a foreign language, but every now and then, I'd imagine, I'm able to help someone have a smooth drag racing experience.

Hey, feel free to use that line all you want.....it has many applicable uses these days.

I just can't understand why so many anymore can't understand something so relatively simple.....with ample evidence available at most any class race proving the point.

"Trust the Plan"

Posts: 28 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey, feel free to use that line all you want.....it has many applicable uses these days.

I just can't understand why so many anymore can't understand something so relatively simple.....with ample evidence available at most any class race proving the point.

Ain't that the Truth. When it comes to objectivity through rational thought, there's more lost souls than at the democratic convention.

Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:
For bracket racing you want high slip ratio in the 1/8th, period. It isn't a pro mod, or 275 radial car that won't repeat from one run to the next. All out performance isn't what wins bracket races.

10% in the quarter is decent, but I would think that most are at, or above that level a few percent.

I asked Jason Lynch, who has won quite a few races, this same question and he told me a few percent doesn't change the MPH much, but can make the car less consistent.

I've won a few Super Pro bracket races myself. More than anyone in the history of Sunshine Dragstrip Clearwater Fl. by a bunch.

Not that night you hit the cone!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Hard

There you go, another prime example of why you want an efficient converter at the stripe.

Get a guy who thinks he's gonna slide by you a couple thousandths, only to find out the only reason he's closing so fast is because the other car is spinning and peddling. Soon as the guy peddling and spinning straightens the steering wheel, he powers away for the W efficient converter, close to 1 to 1 with the crankshaft. To the guy sliding on the brakes, it must've looked like the nitrous comes on the other car.

Here's the evidence of botched finish line driving, due to an efficient TSI converter in the Nova powering ahead finally back on the gas WFO.

It's self evident the Nova won the race, no foul.

No fake, phony fantasy story made up by Bradenton track officials 45 minutes after ruling the wagon loser, can change the reality of what is self evident.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then we will have to disagree. I have seen numerous times that loosening a converter and NOT putting more gear in the car, goes faster down the track and is more consistent. And those are facts.

And 5-6 years ago I did the opposite, took my converter from 6500-6600 to 6000. The car (big tire 104" rollout door car w/ 1050 hp and 4.10) The car slowed down 2 tenths right now, and each time I added stall back the et proportionally started to come back to where it was prior to tightening it up. Back to the same stall as previous the et came right back to where it was. I was going to try looser but a broken rod bolt ended that quickly. I think I cut that unit 6 or 7 times, thanks to FTI 15 bucks to ship it and a leave on Monday back on Wednesday turnaround.
90% of bracket racers buy a "speced" converter and stick it in the car and run it forever. Most will never try to make changes to see what the car actually likes, and I would bet there is an easy tenth in restalling a couple of times, and others will buy the latest and greatest and sell off the speced unit. I ended up with a 93B as I want the capability to use 200 spit of nitrous with out flipping units, and it is right at 6400 with 4.5 stroke, 1080-1100.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
quote:
Then we will have to disagree. I have seen numerous times that loosening a converter and NOT putting more gear in the car, goes faster down the track and is more consistent. And those are facts.

And 5-6 years ago I did the opposite, took my converter from 6500-6600 to 6000. The car (big tire 104" rollout door car w/ 1050 hp and 4.10) The car slowed down 2 tenths right now, and each time I added stall back the et proportionally started to come back to where it was prior to tightening it up. Back to the same stall as previous the et came right back to where it was. I was going to try looser but a broken rod bolt ended that quickly. I think I cut that unit 6 or 7 times, thanks to FTI 15 bucks to ship it and a leave on Monday back on Wednesday turnaround.
90% of bracket racers buy a "speced" converter and stick it in the car and run it forever. Most will never try to make changes to see what the car actually likes, and I would bet there is an easy tenth in restalling a couple of times, and others will buy the latest and greatest and sell off the speced unit. I ended up with a 93B as I want the capability to use 200 spit of nitrous with out flipping units, and it is right at 6400 with 4.5 stroke, 1080-1100.

Below stall oil is directed through the stator onto the pump allowing for the converter to multiply torque below stall. This is why relative Hp = Torque x rpm / 5252, a higher stall converter is faster relative peak torque rpm, your average power at the back tire is increased in a A to B pull.

Rpm and torque are measurable amounts of engine output

Hp = Torque x rpm / 5252