DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Another to keep your eye on with those fancy trailer wheels
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another to keep your eye on with those fancy trailer wheels
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
This article is not FAKE NEWS, it is a good 'safety Alert" for guys to make sure they check their aluminum wheels; I don;t care if they are on trailers, trucks, RVs or whatever. As far as that goes, check the steel wheels too. I have seen customers steel wheels that crack on the first inner radius from the bead seat.
Is it common, no. Is it a reality there is a chance of failure? Absolutely. I hope it never happens to anyone but "hoping" doesn't cut it.

Be safe first, no surprises is better!

Jok

Thank you

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
These are well known in the trucking industry after properly torqued. CYA.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Big Grin

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
These are well known in the trucking industry after properly torqued. CYA.

Thanks.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
This article is not FAKE NEWS

Never state the article was fake news, rather this topic IS Fake News!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#1 Loser B!tch, wearing MONKEY SEE....MONKEY DO....T/F Headset Wearing Wanna-Be Crew Chief.

Calls Fake News, when he's Fake Newser himself, wait for it...... BlahBlah NahNahTounge

2BKing Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't care about the article or the comment or any of that s- - t. I just want guys to maybe do a couple extra "double checks" on wheels and tires, THAT IS ALL; I'm out from this thread.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Toad1,

Give the #1 loser

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post