DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Msd Grid with IQ3 race dash data logging
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Msd Grid with IQ3 race dash data logging
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted
Hello All,

I am helping a buddy of mine out, Is there a way to set this up to log whenever the msd grid is logging? Currently have the grid set up to log when it see an input on step 5. Be nice to be able to flip one switch and have all the logging start.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1829 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
The grid should activate off of TB release. If you are using Step 5 i have to assume you are a FB car. The grid wants a Pos 12v input, the Racepak wants a grounded input. You could add a relay that picks up also off of the button, that switches the input to the grid to ground. Then one button and they both record.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Also you can try it, i have not done it, but you could set up the racepak to monitor the grid step 5 and set the record button configuration to that. I don't have one readily available to test here, but in theory it would work.

302-786-1078

www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Consider changing Grid Data Acquisition to start with the Burn Out input. Wire a relay to the Line Lock and feed the negative signal to Racepak. This way there is no having to remember to push or toggle a button or switch to start both acquisitions.

Posts: 2439 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
Start the grid log with burnout and then the racepak to log on rpm, they’ll pretty much start at the same time.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post