DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mickey Thompson results
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Thompson results
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KWig:
I’ll be on my first set of Mickeys in many years, after using Hoosiers. I’ll give them a fair shot.

Scott, if we’re all lucky, that will be a long time. Sure is nice in here now !

I would like to know your honest opinion after you try them. And I agree with you on the other.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Smith:
quote:
Originally posted by rs72z:
What am i missing? A M/T thread with no bashing?

Ed will be here shortly.

Nope

Bender knows....

I moved from Goodyear to Mickeys and am not going to leave my M/Ts

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If any of the other tire companies came to me and gave me free tires, I'd buy Mickey Thompson's. I've run 41 elimination rounds this year and lost 4 times, the 60 foot moved .002 over an 8 run stretch last weekend enroute to 3 wins and a runner up. My MT have paid for themselves many times over.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
5.0-4.90, 1.08-1.12 60's

How much does your car weigh. I am running the 3084s and i can't get away with that little amount of tire pressure.

Posts: 33 | Location: waverly tn | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
2350-2400. Honestly, they keep working better and better at lower pressures.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I only have one, three day weekend in the books. It was VERY hot, with track temps approaching 150 degrees at times.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
I only have one, three day weekend in the books. It was VERY hot, with track temps approaching 150 degrees at times.

If they worked that good in the heat just wait for cool weather.. That said i am on my first set of m/t's 32-16 stiffside wall and they have been great so far.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
2350-2400. Honestly, they keep working better and better at lower pressures.

Is this a stiff sidewall tire?
My car runs about the same numbers as you do but i am using beadlocks.

Posts: 33 | Location: waverly tn | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I have beadlocks also.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
M/T # 3183 is a Stiff sidewall, High growth tire.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:

If they worked that good in the heat just wait for cool weather.. That said i am on my first set of m/t's 32-16 stiffside wall and they have been great so far.

That is an interesting point. When I was running the Hoosier D05 tire on track temps of 150* it would literally pull up rubber in rolls off the track. The MT tire works great even here in Texas heat.
When it is cool and humid the Hoosier tires were very inconsistent and no in between. They would hook decent and then just blow away. The MT tires hook better in the cooler and humid weather than the Hoosiers did and I tried 3 different Hoosier compounds and sizes. I have only tried one MT tire the 3074 because it has been working well. I do not know what the compound difference is but the MT tires work well in MUCH wider temperature range on my car.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of David Friedenberg
posted Hide Post
What is the comparable tire on a 15" wheel?

Currently on Hoosier 32-14.5W 15 D05 compound

Don't make it harder than it is!

Posts: 850 | Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
I run a little slower but use this Mickey on my car with very good results. And I know some people have had succsess with this la-208638379511&CATARGETID=230006180039219545&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxfnx59eu2wIViobACh0N-g0tEAYYASABEgL2UfD_BwE" target="_blank">one

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Friedenberg:

The 3074 is a 14-32 -15 tire. I think you run the 3074S stiff wall for heavier cars.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of David Friedenberg
posted Hide Post
I was kinda looking at the MT 30771. Anybody use this tire on a door car.

2200#, 5.40 to 5.06 w/100shot

1.18 60' normal, been 1.10 with NOX

Don't make it harder than it is!

Posts: 850 | Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

The 3074 is a 14-32 -15 tire. I think you run the 3074S stiff wall for heavier cars.

What air pressure are you running when it gets hot? I run the 3074 also, just curious if you adjust pressure when it heats up.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP310G:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

What air pressure are you running when it gets hot? I run the 3074 also, just curious if you adjust pressure when it heats up.

I am running 6.8 on my digital gauge on 1800 Lbs altered with me in it. My Hoosiers worked best at lower pressure around 5.0 and when I went to the MT tires it seems to like more air.
One thing is I have seen a lot of difference in gauges.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was kinda looking at the MT 30771. Anybody use this tire on a door car.

2200#, 5.40 to 5.06 w/100shot

1.18 60' normal, been 1.10 with NOX

I went 1.16 this past weekend on the 30751 tire and beadlocks with 7psi

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post