DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Mickey Thompson results
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mickey Thompson results
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted
I have ran Hoosier tires since 2001. I really like them, but have been fighting tire shake for about a year. I put a pair of M/T 3183's on and it totally fixed my issue. Mickey's seem to like a little less air pressure. I have not had any issues with air loss yet either. I cranked up the two step and really got after the 60' with no shake. Just passing along the info.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
What ET, 60ft?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
5.0-4.90, 1.08-1.12 60's

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I knew you would like them. My car was brutal with the Hoosiers, I tried three different size and compounds and nothing worked. Went to the MT 3074 and it was faster, more consistent and so much smoother. Plus on my car the 3074 works better in colder and hotter track temps.

There are a lot of variables, track temps, tire size, air pressure, weight of car and how fast it is but right now on my car the MT is by far the best I have tried. Glad it worked for you.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3984 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Those M/T #3183 tires are flat nasty on my Corvette roadster!!
IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Smile
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have ran the 3084S for years they are 33.5x16x15 and love them. A stiff sidewall on a door car helps in the shock adjustment, when you change a setting you can see the difference, it's not covered up by a soft sidewall tire.

Posts: 47 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
They keep working better with less and less air.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
how much air are you running in the 3183?

Posts: 11 | Location: pa | Registered: December 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 6 psi. I will try lower yet just to find the spot when the tires start paddling. Hoosiers always like 7-7.5, and if I went lower they would paddle pretty bad.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
I have ran Hoosier tires since 2001. I really like them, but have been fighting tire shake for about a year. I put a pair of M/T 3183's on and it totally fixed my issue. Mickey's seem to like a little less air pressure. I have not had any issues with air loss yet either. I cranked up the two step and really got after the 60' with no shake. Just passing along the info.

Welcome to Team MT! Your results are pretty typical!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Kutsick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

Welcome to Team MT! Your results are pretty typical!

Yep welcome aboard Mike!!

Posts: 526 | Location: Couch | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have been using 3183's since 2014 on my dragster and just put a new set on.

I run 6lbs or slightly less....5.7-5.8 cold...

Last forever on a S/C car....and they don't care if I do short or long burnouts....

Yea they lose air when they sit but I don't care.....a minor inconvenience....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seems like I saw you runner up or Semi his weekend?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3984 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Love it when you fellas post how much you like MT's.Make me feel better about the ones I bought. Now just fix few minor things and see how they work.

Man whole thread and no BS,sure is nice.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
What am i missing? A M/T thread with no bashing?

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
The only other thing I have to try, is setting the 4 link back to where the car was very free. I dropped the bars down a hole to help the shake, but the car feels kinda bound up.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Seems like I saw you runner up or Semi his weekend?

Yeah, but it was a Quick 8, so really that's just a nice way to say I didn't lose first round.

DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rs72z:

Ed will be here shortly.

Posts: 7021 | Location: Montgomery Al. USA | Registered: October 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I’ll be on my first set of Mickeys in many years, after using Hoosiers. I’ll give them a fair shot.

Scott, if we’re all lucky, that will be a long time. Sure is nice in here now !

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Smith:
quote:
Originally posted by rs72z:

Ed will be here shortly.

Nope

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post