New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zoomies
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Has anyone with the baby blower switched headers to zoomies ? Any differences ? I’m currently looking for some laid back dragster zoomies so I thought I would ask if anyone had experience changing them. Thanks

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
PM sent

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
picked up about .05-.07 surprisingly. The weight alone over a set of chrome headers was significant.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
picked up about .05-.07 surprisingly. The weight alone over a set of chrome headers was significant.

That does surprise me. I do not like Zoomies especially with a front engine car but I have several sets may try them some day.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
yeah....i don't exactly enjoy the idling sound of a boat...but apparently it sounds fine going down track Big Grin

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
That's a significant improvement. Is that in the 1/4 or the 1/8 ?

quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
in the weather conditions i raced it last it should have ran about 4.49....first pass with the zoomies it went 4.42

following weeks i changed to a larger pulley to try to slow it down some and went 4.42 with a header tune that had been a fastest of 4.50

however that run it decided to blow up too sooo...lol

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow I was thinking maybe no gain at all. I wanted something to not stir the dirt up like my downsweeps do at dirt and grass pits. Looks like Chris is going to fix me up. Much appreciated and I will try and do a back to back comparison if I don’t run out of tow fuel money. Funny but not funny. I appreciate the reply’s and Thanks for everyone’s time.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Definitely a gain on boosted stuff, helps with torque off the line as well

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
My 2.5" zoomies from Teds come in at 10 Lbs each.
The up swings i have come in at 38 Lbs each. Diff of 56 Lbs just in exhaust weight. Good amount..
Conventional head BBC... Hey Chris.. Want to buy a set??? lol

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I have three sets for Hemi and building a set of bbc right now For Jeff.

Thank those are lite wait till I get set I have been thinking about for while and decide to give a try. They are 12 lbs lighter than zoomies that are on the car now.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Didn't pick up anything going from 2.125 stepped to 2.25" with a 4.5" collector to 2.5" zoomies.

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What is the weight difference on a door car?

I would assume it can't be much, due to the length the tubes would need to be to get outside the body.

But I do hear a lot of pro mod cars going to them simply because they help keep the nose planted at the top end with the Thrust.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous1:
Didn't pick up anything going from 2.125 stepped to 2.25" with a 4.5" collector to 2.5" zoomies.

carbs or injection. Carbs don't seem to pickup. My thought is because how carb works and dependence on air velocity thru it in relation to exhaust. Either back pressure or collectors scavenging effect.