DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
See if you are part of the breach.
Well worth your while.
Link is in the page.
Ya i was one of them.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25...each-trnd/index.html

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Me too I see. I figured for sure it was fake news considering where it was. But nope. Not this time at lease.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Checking the sons right now Same name. I chose the 125 settlement Imagine the millions that know nothing about this.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You would be wise to place a security freeze on all your accounts with the three major credit reporting agencies. Doesn’t matter if you were included in this security breach or not.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Exactly. Been froze for some years even before this.Unlock only when needed.Then lock it up.

DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks for sharing, I had no idea about this. When I checked both mine and the wife's were compromised.

Took the $125 for both, that will help pay for some racing gas!

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just saw this thread.I tried to file a claim and my computer security detected a malicious virus and blocked the site.

Can't trust anything with CNN I guess.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks - got a debit card coming....

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Sent the link out to several friends. So far 8 of them were on the list.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not to be a pessimist but it seems peculiar to me that "everyone" is on the list. Why would Equifax give some lawyers the list? Lastly, you just gave someone some data about yourself and you likely didn't confirm their legitimacy. I didn't try real hard but I was unsuccessful identifying those taking the information. Am I crazy?
BW

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Here, direct from them on this deal. Due to this Massive issue. I would not think for one minute, they are going to issues false and miss leading info. They "Want" this to "GO AWAY QUICKLY"

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/
My other concern is were the other 2 breached also?. Just put a lock on all three. Open only when needed. CYA.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry-war:
Not to be a pessimist but it seems peculiar to me that "everyone" is on the list. Why would Equifax give some lawyers the list? Lastly, you just gave someone some data about yourself and you likely didn't confirm their legitimacy. I didn't try real hard but I was unsuccessful identifying those taking the information. Am I crazy?
BW

I was thinking the same thing...They sure wanted everything about yourself that was needed to steal someone's identity.

I passed...

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:
Originally posted by bry-war:
BW

I was thinking the same thing...They sure wanted everything about yourself that was needed to steal someone's identity.

I passed...

Neither my wife nor I were affected by this breach.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
only $31 million has been earmarked for the payments, and the more who file claims, the less each person gets.

If all 147 million entitled to money request it, they would get just 21 cents apiece.

so when the 248,001st person files for the money each person gets less. I would be surprised if each person got more then $5.

If 4 million people file for the money, then you will get $7.75.
Take the credit monitoring, it's a better deal.

www.nypost.com/2019/07/27/sorr...g-people-125-apiece/

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I hate to keep peeing on everyones shoes but from the Equifax site FAQ #10
quote:

Settlement Benefit: Cash Alternative Reimbursement Compensation: If you already have some other kind of credit monitoring or protection services, and do not claim the free Credit Monitoring Services available through the settlement, you may file a claim for Alternative Reimbursement Compensation for up to $125. To claim Alternative Reimbursement Compensation you must certify that you have some form of credit monitoring or protection services on the date you submit your claim form and that you will keep those services for a minimum of six (6) months.

You should keep in mind that:

The deadline for all claims for Alternative Reimbursement Compensation is 01/22/2020.
If you claim Alternative Reimbursement Compensation, you cannot claim free Credit Monitoring Services.
If you claim Alternative Reimbursement Compensation, you cannot also seek reimbursement for purchasing credit monitoring or protection services covering the 6 month period after you make your claim. However, you can still make other claims for Time Spent or Out-of-Pocket Losses.
If there are more than $31 million claims for Alternative Reimbursement Compensation, all payments for Alternative Reimbursement Compensation will be lowered and distributed on a proportional basis.

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/faq#q-10

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post