DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    A question for those using Moser axles, spool, hardware
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question for those using Moser axles, spool, hardware
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Larry,
Been a while, hope you are doing well.
Moser makes great stuff, and has always had great customer service.
I broke a 33 spline Strange axle back in the late 90's foot braking a 10 second 2900 lb car. Was only about 3 years old, but Strange refused to replace because I did not order them (friend did). They offered me a 10% discount on new stuff.
I called Moser, who was not as well known back then, and they laughed and offered to beat the Strange offer. I bought them and had good luck. Couple years later, I sheared lugs off one wheel at a Nat Event - probably my fault for not checking torque. I went to Moser tent and told them I needed to buy some bolts. Lady told me thanks for being a customer, and handed me two sets, told me to change both sides. Would not take money.
My 67 Firebird has Moser 12 bolt with 35 spline axles. Has been 6.39 with low 1.40's 60' with T brake at 3400 lbs. Has over 400 passes on the rear, and when I checked it last year, gears still look great.

MOSER to the front.

Ken

KEGRACING - DOING IT THE POOR BOY WAY! PONTIAC with a BowTie... for now!
2017 TX Motorplex No E Track Champion

Posts: 21 | Location: Red Oak, TX | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ken, thanks for the note. I for sure have been out of the loop and miss my Motorplex buddies. We have some things perkin so be looking for me soon.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
Larry, I ran a stock 12 Bolt housing / homemade back-brace, 35 Spline Moser, ran 8.40's / 870 hp. Currently a Moser M9 housing w/ 35 Spline @ 1100 hp. (10 yrs.) Jusss Saying....$$$ for under 600 hp?

Posts: 255 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post