DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Throttle cable bracket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Throttle cable bracket
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted
Who makes a nice throttle cable bracket for use with a morse cable and extended for a SLE. Used on a dragster without a scoop mount. My 4500 has the scoop mounting flange.
Thanks

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
go to racingjunk and look at ad # 183093731 I bought that very one and it is super nice and way cheaper than the others out there. id post a pic but dont know how

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LOKAR....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use the jegs 15238 and 55016. There might be cheaper options but I had the 55016 SLE extension from my old scoop tray mount.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just installed the Lokar. It is a high quality part. It even has holes pre drilled to mount an air solenoid for a TS/SLE.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Don't know if the Goza is still around, but I used that one, with their extension. I also didn't use the posts, have a scoop hold down that bolts to carb center bolt. If you go with the Goza, get a tall cable mount and maybe even a aluminum block to help keep the cable angle down.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
CAN THE LOKAR PIECE BE USED JUST A CABLE , NO SLE?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
racingjunk and look at ad # 183093731 look at these they are just like the Lokar ones and only $160

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Lokar can be used both ways but the one Mike posted looks very nice.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes the Lokar comes with 2 cable holders. One for a TS/SLE and one for just the cable.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
the one I was talking about he has the non sle bracket also.

Mike Buchwald

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
LOKAR....

LOKAR is the best out there. JMO

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post