New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nova Headers
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What brand BBC headers are you running on a stock front frame 1970 Nova style front clip? I have the steering box removed using a front mounted rack and pinion. Have been using Hooker Super Comp headers for years, but want a little better quality and fitment. Looking to get away from a style that has the #5 and #6 tube that goes above and over the back 2 primary tubes going into the collector if possible. 2" or 2 1/8" primary tubes. Thanks

Posts: 21 | Location: maryland | Registered: August 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check Doug's Headers, Amercian Racing Headers, and Stainless Works.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Lemons hands down the best.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
RacerVX54...KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a set from a customers car I change because added power steering their coated ere only a year or two old I’d be interested in selling will look to see brand and tube configuration

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think Hooker makes headers nobody knows about. I talked to Calvin Elston on mine for my Nova. He said he'd do em if I liked, or he'd tell me what I needed.

As it turned out Hooker made a stainless header the exact dimensions with the 2 5/8 choke Calvin E suggested. He must've designed those headers for Hooker. If I told ya what they measure, you'd probably think they're way too small sbc 427, like I did.

A salesman at JEGS took a couple extra minutes to
find & alert me of them. You won't find em with a google search, I don't believe.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bolt a set of these on a sbc and fire it up, any thought of running a muffler will be out the window, soon as you hear it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lemons are GREAT if you have the coin and arguably the best. AHR may actually be a little more $ and are VERY nice with lots of options and they will modify their standard offerings if you call and ask. Stainlesss works might be best bang per dollar and they will work with you as well. Doug's less than a grand and fit is spot on in my experience but are a steel header however they have very nice coating finish. Since you are concerned about tube orientation best to do a lot of research. I just went through this with a stock front framed Nova as well, looked at a lot of options and ordered a set. At the end of the day its your money and the difference in price can he considerable. Do the research, look at different Nova's if you can and see what others have, call the companies so that you can make an intelligent VALUE based decision; in short you need to do your homework. I will say this it appears stock is low on some headers. One company that I did not mention was 8 to 10 weeks on backorder I did not buy from them and they were unwilling to make a non standard set at this time. I was fortunate to enough to get the configuration I wanted but they were the last pair Summit happened to have. You may or may not have a lead time issue depending on your timeline.
I, like many, race on a budget and I like to get the best bang for my buck. I sometimes buy the top of the line part when I feel it is critical and warrants it and nothing else will meet the need, but these are headers, I assume you are bracket racing and you have a LOT of options out there. Good luck.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the advice! Gonna make some calls

Posts: 21 | Location: maryland | Registered: August 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

I see that engine has only breathed through Lemon's. Yours and mine.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

I see that engine has only breathed through Lemon's. Yours and mine.

Fender well headers now sold the lemons

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post